File photo: A Lagos market
The world’s most populous black nation, Nigeria currently ranks 116th among 146 countries in the World Happiness Index.
This is according to the World Happiness Report released by the United Nations which ranks countries based on how happy individuals are.
The report on Friday said the country was a point worse than it was in 2020, adding that it dropped 38 points in six years.
It said Finland, Denmark and Switzerland were the top three happiest countries, while Rwanda, Zimbabwe and Afghanistan were the least happiest countries.
The report ranked Libya as the happiest in Africa and 80th globally, while Nigeria’s neighbours, Ghana, Niger and Benin, ranked 95th, 96th and 99th in the world, respectively.
Nigeria ranked 115th in 2020, 85th in 2019, 91th in 2018 and 95th in 2017, TheCable reported.
The UN report, however, said the coronavirus pandemic led to “only modest changes in the overall rankings, reflecting both the global nature of the pandemic and a widely shared resilience in the face of it”.
“For all our measures of subjective well-being and their main determinants, there are some countries with significant improvements and others where life has gotten worse.
“This ninth World Happiness Report is unlike any that have come before. COVID-19 has shaken, taken, and reshaped lives everywhere. In this chapter, our central purpose remains just what it has always been – to measure and use subjective well-being to track and explain the quality of lives all over the globe,” the report read in part.
News Search Terms
Latest News in Nigeria , Naija Gist Amebo, Instant Naija Newspapers, Naija News ,Naija News Now, Legit News, Talk of Naija News, Naija News Gossip, Nigeria news, Latest Naija News Loaded, Nigeria Latest News, Nigeria Breaking News, Today News in Nigeria , Latestnewsinnigeria
Hot Nigerian Jobs [ Apply Now ]
- Lagos State Independent Electoral Commission Massive Recruitment for ADHOC Staff
- INEC Recruitment 2021 for Observers
- Thomas Adewumi University Massive Recruitment for Academic and Non Academic Staff
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Gemstone Microfinance
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 For Graduates in Nigeria
- BEDC Electricity Plc Graduate Trainee Programme 2021
- Ekiti State Government Recruitment for Graduates
- Latest Job Recruitment at Wema Bank Plc for Graduates
- Massive Recruitment at Rainoil Limited
- Massive Recruitment at the Society for Family Health