Governor of Abia State, Okezie Ikpeazu, has been moved to Abuja, Nigeria’s capital, for intensive care after testing positive for Coronavirus earlier this week.
According to insider sources, the governor is being treated at his home in Abuja with a sizable number of medical personnel on the ground to ensure he gets the best care possible.
Apart from medical staff on the ground to attend to him, it was gathered that the Abia State governor also arrived Abuja with a retinue of aides and security personnel, some of whom are believed to have tested positive for the virus as well.
SaharaReporters gathered that Ikpeazu has kidney failure and has been undergoing dialysis, thereby further complicating his situation and threatening his chances of making a full recovery from COVID-19.
Before now, there were attempts to fly the Abia governor abroad for treatment but following the ban on international flights in many countries around the world and his positive status of the virus, that idea was frustrated and the decision to move him to Abuja was reached.
In March, Ikpeazu was reported to have been trapped in the United States following the travel restriction put in place to contain the spread of the virus but the Abia Government dismissed the report as false.
Recall that on March 22, 2020, Governor Ikpeazu said that the state will not record any Coronavirus case because it was the only state mentioned in the Holy Bible.
He said, “Abia is the only state that is mentioned in the Bible. We have a promise from God that none of these diseases will touch God’s people. And I hold on to God’s promise.
“We saw Ebola, it did not get to us. We saw monkeypox, it didn’t get to us. Even this one (COVID-19) will also pass us by.”
As a result of his current situation, Governor Ikpeazu has since directed Ude Chukwu, his deputy, to act in his capacity until he recovers.
Abia State so far has 83 cases of Coronavirus while seven persons have recovered from the pandemic.
JOBS RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- National Identity Management Commission NIMC Recruitment 2020 (19 Positions)
- Fidelity Bank Plc Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2020
- Federal University of Petroleum Resources FUPRE Recruitment 2020 for Teaching And Non-Teaching Staff
- Lagos State Government Health Service Commission Massive Job Recruitment 2020 for Graduates
- Oyo State Teaching Service Commission (TESCOM) 2020 Massive Recruitment/
- FG officially Begins Recruitment of 774000 Nigerians, See How to Apply
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources 2020 Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
- DSS Recruitment Application Form 2020 is Out
- Nigeria Air Force 2020/2021 Massive Recruitment for Airmen/Airwomen form (BMTC 2020) is out
- Nigeria Police Force Recruitment form 2020
LATEST JOBS IN NIGERIA
For Breaking News, or Eye witness report Contact us on: SMS/Whatsapp: +2347033247217 Email: [email protected].com
NOTE : No Genuine Employer will Request for MONEY from Job Seekers
The views expressed in this article are the Author/writer’s, they do not reflect the views of EJES GIST NEWS. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]