United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) was created in 1950, throughout the aftermath of the Second World War, to assist thousands and thousands of Europeans who had fled or misplaced their houses. We had three years to finish our work after which disband. Today, over 65 years later, our group continues to be arduous at work, defending and aiding refugees round the world.
We are recruiting to fill the place beneath:
Job Title: Protection Intern
Position Number: 2019/VA/051
Contract Type: Internship
Duration of Contract: Six Months
Category: Protection Operational Support
Slot: 2 Openings
Context, Duties and Responsibilities
- Draft or present inputs to all vital paperwork together with stories, methods, letters and speeches, and so forth.;
- Assist the Protection Team with improvement of, monitoring and reporting on safety actions, together with trainings;
- Assist the safety workforce in gathering systematic nation of origin and different analysis data;
- Provide help to the improvement of knowledge supplies, together with energy level displays, coverage papers, assembly minutes, and so forth.;
- Perform different associated duties, as required
- Based in UNHCR Nigeria’s Abuja workplace, this internship presents a singular alternative to realize expertise in supporting UNHCR’s safety response, and particularly in the context of the humanitarian emergency scenario in North East Nigeria.
- It will present perception and expertise into the implementation of UNHCR safety interventions in precedence areas and its management position coordinating the Protection Sector Working Group (PSWG).
- Under the supervision of the Associate Protection Officer, The intern shall:
- Follow developments in the safety scenario in the Nigeria and contribute to evaluation for safety actions going down;
- Assist UNHCR in its position as co-lead of the PSWG, together with by supporting the Secretariat, organising pertinent conferences (together with conferences Sub-Sector Working Groups and different Sectors), drafting minutes and offering briefing summaries;
Essential Minimum Qualifications
- Strong consideration to element, proactive method, means to work rapidly beneath stress and juggle a number of duties
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and primary administrative abilities
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- University degree in Law, International (Humanitarian/Human Rights) Law, Human Rights or related fields
- Excellent written and verbal communication, analytical talents and analysis abilities
- Excellent inter-personal abilities and curiosity to work notably with NGOs and authorities establishments
Desirable Qualifications & Competencies:
- Candidates have to be Nigerian nationals.
- In order to be thought of for an internship, candidates should meet the following eligibility standards:
- Recent graduate (these individuals who accomplished their research inside one year of making use of) or present scholar in a graduate/undergraduate faculty programme from a college or larger training facility accredited by UNESCO; and
- Have accomplished at least two years of undergraduate research in a discipline related or of curiosity to the work of the Organization.
- An particular person whose father, mom, son, daughter, brother or sister is a employees member of UNHCR, together with a Temporary Appointment holder or a member of the Affiliate Workforce, isn’t eligible for an internship.
How to Apply
Interested and certified candidates ought to:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 1st August, 2019
Subscribe to Get Daily News & Job updates
Jobs in Nigeria [Apply Now]
- Nigerian Air Force Recruitment 2022 BMTC 43 – NAF Recruitment Portal – www.airforce.mil.ng Portal Login
- Nationwide Recruitment for Graduate Service Executives in a Commercial Bank – MacTay Consulting
- Nigeria Inter-Bank Settlement Systems (NIBSS) Plc Graduate Trainee Programme 2022
- Lagos State Ministry of Health Recruitment 2022 for Ond, Bsc /HND