Catholic Agency for Overseas Development (CAFOD) – An worldwide growth charity and the official help company of the Catholic Church in England and Wales that stand beside people dwelling in poverty.
Through native Church companions, we assist people straight in their very own communities, and marketing campaign for international justice, so that everybody can attain their full potential.
We are recruiting to fill the place under:
Job Title: Consultant: Baseline Assessment for the Action for Religious and Cultural Pluralism
Locations: Nigeria and Niger Republic (Zaman Tare)
Employee Status: Consultancy
- Catholic Agency for Overseas Development (CAFOD) is the official Aid Agency for Catholic Bishops of England and Wales.
- CAFOD works with companions the world over to deliver hope, compassion and solidarity to poor communities, standing aspect by aspect with them to finish poverty and injustice.
- CAFOD has obtained funding from the European Union (EU) for the implementation of a programme selling tolerance, referred to as ‘Action for Religious and Cultural Pluralism in Nigeria (Zaman Tare)’. The programme goals to strengthen multiculturalism and spiritual tolerance in Nigeria and Niger Republic, by means of varied initiatives.
The challenge seeks to attain the next:
- Intermediate Outcome 3: Public discourse on cultural and spiritual pluralism promoted and contributing to enhanced intercultural and interreligious tolerance
- Intermediate Outcome 4: Public obligation bearers demonstrating dedication to uphold cultural and spiritual pluralism
- Impact: Communities in Niger and Nigeria dwell in a culturally inclusive setting
- Outcome: Women and males and ladies and boys in goal communities contribute to and profit from elevated respect of cultural and spiritual pluralism
- Intermediate Outcome 1: Academic and cultural materials developed and disseminated to foster intercultural and interreligious understanding
- Intermediate Outcome 2: Intercultural and interreligious networks and platforms strengthened and collectively selling tolerance for cultural and spiritual pluralism
We count on to perform the next outcomes:
- Op1.1 (associated to iOc1): Universities contribute to a sturdy proof base by means of elevated analysis on cultural and spiritual pluralism
- Op1.2 (associated to iOc1): Media actors and artists disseminate cultural materials to advertise cultural and spiritual pluralism
- Op2.1 (associated to iOc2): Local leaders and civil society collectively selling tolerance for cultural and spiritual pluralism
- Op2.2 (associated to iOc2): Intercultural and interreligious our bodies strengthened and collaborating
- Op 3.1 (associated to iOc3) : Youth and youngsters contribute to a public discourse on cultural and spiritual pluralism
- Op 3.2 (associated to iOc3): Communities have an enhanced understanding of cultural and spiritual pluralism
- Op 4.1 (associated to iOc4): Civil society actors and spiritual leaders advocating for tolerance of cultural and spiritual pluralism
- Op 4.2 (associated to iOc4): Government stakeholders have an enhanced understanding of cultural and spiritual pluralism
Baseline: Aim and Objectives
- In view of its mandate, Zaman Tare wants a complete baseline evaluation to amass information on consciousness and notion of what CAFOD is doing in Nigeria and Niger Republic.
- The info can be used to strengthen the Monitoring and Evaluation framework of Zaman Tare and to measure the outcomes of this system. Basically, the goal of the baseline is to gather key information to tell implementation of this system.
The particular targets of the baseline are:
- To set up credible information that may inform the Zaman Tare Strategy and to function a baseline for the M&E framework.
- To function the primary measure of the present standing towards which completely different achievement benchmarks can be drawn.
- To draw info that may help this system staff to develop acceptable and well timed messaging and advocacy campaigns.
- A combination-method method and methodology can be used to collect key information to be able to inform program implementation
- The methodologies will embrace; desk research assessment, key informant interviews, focus teams, and surveys.
Scope of Work
- The consultants of the Baseline research can be based mostly in Nigeria however will spend a good portion of the consultancy conducting analysis within the challenge areas of Plateau and Kaduna states in Nigeria and Maradi, Diffa, Niamey, Agadez and Zinder Regions in Niger Republic
- The Baseline advisor will work underneath the Country Representative for CAFOD Nigeria in collaboration with Programme Officers based mostly in Abuja, Nigeria and Niamey Niger Republic
- The advisor can be anticipated to journey to the a number of areas cited above to conduct this work.
- Baseline evaluation work plan and inception report accomplished inside first thre;e days and include the task as agreed upon by this system staff. The consultants might counsel work plan changes to be able to higher replicate and tackle the beneficiaries’ wants. S/He will coordinate with the accomplice staff who will help within the subject.
- First Draft of baseline report protecting the info evaluation.
- Final Baseline Report: The report must be in English, between 20-30 pages, and include:
- Executive abstract of key baseline information, findings and suggestions (not more than Three pages);
- Table of contents; this could go first
- Research findings, evaluation, and conclusions with related information offered, the place acceptable in clear graphs or charts; and linking on to the baseline targets and indicators
- Baseline figures for the related indicators – with a clearly said methodology for how this was derived
- Recommendations for future program implementation and monitoring;
- Appendices, which embrace collected information, detailed description of the methodology with analysis devices, checklist of interviewees, bibliography, and advisor (s) temporary biography;
- Two digital copies, in English and French.
Timeframe / Schedule:
- The interval of this consultancy is a most of 60 days
- This consultancy wants to start out from July 01 to August 31, 2019 with an estimated timeframe of 60 days, together with journey, preparation and coaching and could be a mixture of in-country and home-based working days and may be additionally non-continuous.
The following is an indicative timeframe:
Action (variety of days):
- Training workshops for the designated information collectors and different related members (Four days)
- Leading the info assortment train (20 days)
- Drafting the Baseline Report (10 days)
- Review of the draft with key stakeholders (6 days)
- Production of ultimate Baseline Report (6 days)
- The total end result would be the supply of the outputs as outlined above. This can be achieved by means of: desk analysis; subject visits to communities in challenge native authorities areas; the administration of analysis instruments; information dealing with and evaluation and report manufacturing. (Maximum of 30 days)
- Submission of finalized evaluation methodology and scope (eight days)
- Submission of finalized instruments (6 days)
CAFOD will present preparatory and logistical help to the evaluator(s), which embrace:
- Background supplies (Program Proposal/ToR, Log Frame, and so on.);
- Preparation assembly with Country Representative and key program personnel;
- Joining Community Mapping Workshop and work along with accomplice staff
- Identify interviewees and arrange interviews;
- Arrange transportation, lodging, and so on.
- The finances for the proposed baseline is inside 5000 – 8000 Euros.
Roles and Responsibilities
The lead Consultant is anticipated to be accountable for the next:
- Develop and current a draft baseline report back to CAFOD and different stakeholders;
- Produce a 20-30 paged report protecting key findings, main conclusions and suggestions (together with credible indicators and the setting of a baseline to measure progress) to be able to assist inform the event of this system.
- Identify and outline baseline precedence areas, methodology and suggestions;
- Design and implement information assortment coordination with this system staff;
- Retrain recruited enumerators
- Engage stakeholders within the evaluation course of;
- Data evaluation coordination with this system staff and experiences;
- Strong background in participatory design, monitoring and analysis methodologies;
- Knowledge of logical and outcomes frameworks;
- Knowledge of the usage of battle administration instruments, behaviour change communications and media;
- Work expertise in Northern Nigeria and Niger Republic;
- Fluent in English and French; information of Hausa extremely fascinating.
- Preferably Nigerian or Nigerien.
- Minimum of 5-10 years utilized expertise in analysis and Design, Monitoring & Evaluation expertise in battle or growth packages
- Minimum of a Postgraduate stage Degree in Conflict Resolution, International Relations, a associated Social Science subject, Statistics or a subject related to the ToR necessities. Ph.D. most well-liked;
- Proven quantitative and qualitative analysis abilities (candidates ought to present a replica of baseline/analysis experiences produced);
- Excellent communication and report writing abilities.
How to Apply
Interested and certified candidates/companies ought to submit their Applications electronically to: [email protected] and [email protected] E-mailed submissions should comprise the topic line “Zaman Tare Baseline Study”.Application Package and Procedures
- Applications for the consultancy should embrace following parts, for a complete of not more than 10 pages (not together with appendices, CV, and so on.):
- Detailed technical proposal clearly demonstrating an intensive understanding of this ToR and together with the next:
- Demonstrate earlier expertise in coordinating and administering research of an identical nature;
- Propose a plan for surveying the projected pattern inhabitants, with enough consideration for timing of surveys, journey value per staff of enumerators, supervision of enumeration groups, and high quality management;
- Propose steps to be taken for enumerator coaching, piloting/translation of instruments, information assortment, spot checking, information entry and administration;
- Propose detailed knowledgeable consent course of.
- A proposed timeframe detailing actions and a schedule/work plan (together with a Gantt chart) with the proposed variety of enumerators, measurement of enumerator groups and whole variety of days within the subject; and
- Team composition (together with sex-disaggregation) and stage of effort of every proposed staff member, if relevant.
- A monetary proposal with an in depth breakdown of prices for the research:
- (Specifying a complete lump sum quantity in Euros for the duties specified on this Terms of Reference)
- The monetary proposal shall embrace a breakdown of this lump sum quantity (every day fee and variety of anticipated working days, journey, per diems and every other attainable prices)
- Please observe that the monetary proposal is all-inclusive and shall have in mind varied bills incurred by the advisor/contractor throughout the contract interval.
- Itemized consultancy charges/prices for all staff members
- Itemized subject information assortment bills
- Itemized administrative bills
- Curriculum Vitae(s) of all proposed employees outlining related expertise.
- A replica of a earlier report of an identical nature undertaken on: a) baseline research; OR b) endline research.
- A Consulting Firm profile (if relevant).
Application Deadline 25th June, 2019.
Subscribe to Get Daily News & Job updates
Got A News , Looking for Workers, Press Release, Sponsored Publication or Advert Placement? Send To Us Via Email: [email protected].com or Call : 07033247217
SCAM ALERT : No Genuine Employer will Ask for MONEY to employ you.
TYPE HERE TO QUICK SEARCH FOR JOBS
- See more
- Abia State
- ABUJA FCT
- Adamawa State
- Akwa Ibom State
- Anambra State
- Apprenticeship training
- Banking Industry
- Bauchi State
- Bayelsa State
- Benue State
- Borno State
- Career Tips
- Charity Organization
- Construction Company
- Contract Job
- Crime Watch
- Cross River State
- Delta State
- Ebonyi State
- Edo State
- Ekiti State
- Engineering Jobs
- Entertainment News
- Entry-level Jobs
- Enugu State
- FEDERAL GOVERNMENT RECRUITMENT IN NIGERIA
- Full time jobs
- Gombe State
- Google AdSense know how
- Hotel Management/hospitality company
- HOW TO MAKE MONEY ONLINE
- Imo State
- Internship Jobs
- Jigawa State
- JOB FOR SSCE
- Jobs and Recruitment
- Jobs for LEGAL/Law
- Jobs in Education
- JOBS IN NORTHERN NIGERIA
- JOBS IN SOUTH EAST
- JOBS IN SOUTH SOUTH
- JOBS IN SOUTH WEST
- Kaduna State
- Kano State
- Katsina State
- Kebbi State
- Kogi State
- Kwara State
- Lagos State
- Latest Jobs in Nigeria Today
- Management and Logistics Company
- Manager jobs
- Manufacturing Industry
- Marketing Jobs
- Medical /Health
- MSC/MS / PHD
- NAIJA NEWS
- Nasarawa State
- National Assembly News
- NGO / Community Services
- Niger Delta
- Nigeria Election
- Ogun State
- Oil and Gas Company
- Ondo State
- Osun State
- Oyo State
- Part Time Jobs
- PASS QUESTIONS
- Rivers State
- SCHOLARSHIP Jobs
- Security issues
- Sokoto State
- Taraba State
- Urhobo Language
- World News
- Yobe State
- Zamfara State