There was a light drama on the Senate on Friday as Senator representing Kogi West Senatorial district, Dino Melaye demanded that one of many President Muhammadu Buhari’s ministerial nominee, Festus Keyamo, recite the National anthem.
Keyamo, who’s amongst Buhari’s 43-man listing submitted to the Senate on Tuesday for screening and approval, appeared earlier than members of the higher legislative chamber on Friday.
Melaye informed Keyamo, “I know you to be intellectually mobile, I want you to recite the national anthem.”
However, President of the Senate, Ahmed Lawan, overruled Melaye’s request.
Lawan mentioned that the request was not a query.
READ ALSO : NAFDAC warns against consumption of Ponmo
Keyamo is the 28th nominee that has to date been screened by the Senate.
Recall that Keyamo, a Senior Advocate of Nigeria, SAN, and lawyer to the All Progressives Congress, APC, had a critical argument with Melaye on a nationwide tv prior to the 2019 normal elections
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- Landmark University Recruitment for Non Academic staff
- FMDQ Holdings Plc Graduate Development Programme 2022
- Shell Petroleum Development Company SPDC 2022 Recruitment for Graduates
- Oando Plc Recruitment 2022 For Graduates Apply now
- United Nigeria Airlines Recruitment For Graduates
- Nigerian Breweries Graduate Management Development Scheme 2022