African Development Bank Group (AfDB) – Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African growth establishment, selling financial development and social progress throughout the continent. There are 80 member states, together with 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s growth agenda is delivering the monetary and technical help for transformative initiatives that may considerably scale back poverty via inclusive and sustainable financial development.
We are recruiting to fill the place beneath:
Job Title: Senior Investment Officer
Location: Côte d’Ivoire
Position N°: 50001046
- The Vice Presidency for ‘Power, Energy, Climate and Green Growth’ is a Sector Complex specializing in the Bank’s Ten Years Strategy, High 5s precedence of “Light up and Power Africa”. The complicated’s targets are (i) to develop coverage and technique; (ii) to supply deep sector technical experience to the Regions by gathering pool of skilled people who might be consulted for his or her experience on difficult transactions; (iii) to develop new financing devices; (iv) to behave as spokesperson to signify the Bank with exterior stakeholders on all features of “Light Up and Power Africa”. The Complex will give attention to areas of Power programs, coverage and regulation, renewable power; and, Climate and Green Growth.
The Hiring Department/ Division
- The Energy, Financial resolution, coverage and regulation division is accountable for advising Regional Member Countries in the institution of related insurance policies and rules and to construction power investments.
- The division can also be accountable for coordinating related flagship applications: Early stage Project help and Financing Catalyst and nation broad transformation.
- Under the division there are two divisions.
- They are Energy Policy rules and statistics Division and Financial Solutions Division.
- The function of the Investment Officer shall be to supply deep sectoral experience for the evaluation of energy markets in Regional Member Countries and identifies alternatives for Bank help.
- The job holder contributes to the supply of flagships as related.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the total supervision of the Team Lead for the Innovative Finance and Partnerships Team, the Investment Officer will:
- Conduct analyses of the funding and regulatory surroundings and fundamental obstacles to non-public sector growth in RMCs; translate findings of analytical work into clear coverage suggestions and implementation in present and new Technical Assistance applications in collaboration with PESR.1;
- Contribute to coverage discussions on obstacles to competitiveness and personal sector growth and reform suggestions with RMCs and personal sector stakeholders;
- Support the growth and implementation of key PEVP Technical Assistance initiatives together with:
- Fine-tuning the design and description of those initiatives with reference to scope, content material and set-up traits
- Providing power market knowledge and data similar to power market evaluation, white papers, blogs and coverage suggestion to help present initiatives similar to the Africa Energy Portal and the Energy Regulatory Index
- Supporting the supply of the AFDB inner procedures to ascertain new and PEVP targeted Technical Assistance initiatives in shut collaboration with related inner counterparts, together with different PEVP departments, Resource Mobilization division and so on.;
- Support the rolling out of clear IPP procurement schemes and the mobilization of the personal sector in era, together with designing Project Implementation Units for IPPs in shut collaboration with Policy, Regulations and Statistics division and the group from the Sustainable Energy For Africa Trust Fund (SEFA)
- Drive and implement a partnership engagement technique together with research and evaluation of alternatives to mobilize financing from third-party funding for the division’s initiatives and Technical Assistance applications;
- Design promotional and advertising materials to lift and mobilize third-party funding
- Support the PESR Management in liaising with new and present companions similar to Government ministries, DFIs, growth companions and international power sector initiatives and funds, and so on.;
- Drive and implement enterprise growth and partnership outreach methods for PESR in shut collaboration with AfDB regional places of work;
- Prepare and perform inner enterprise growth initiatives together with onsite workshops, webinars and distant video conferences
- Design a complex-wide buyer relationship administration device in collaboration with related Bank-wide counterparts and departments to allow focussed shopper engagement
- Coordinate responses to enquiries regarding PESR initiatives in the power sector;
- Prepare briefing materials on nation/sector and mission points;
- Perform another responsibility as assigned.
Including fascinating abilities, data and expertise:
- Hold at least a Master’s Degree or its equal in Engineering, Economics, Finance Business or associated subject.
- Have a minimal of 5 (5) years’ progressive expertise in a sector evaluation, financial evaluation, power coverage, financial evaluation and experiences in energy sector analysis and IPP, ideally for Renewable Energy space;
- Proven means to economically assess and conduct power coverage analysis and advisory companies;
- Full understanding of the ideas of Independent Power Producers (IPP) programs and necessities.
- Deep data of the power sector in the African context.
- Demonstrable familiarity with power initiatives indicators.
- Knowledge and understanding of AfDB administrative and operational procedures.
- Sound understanding of modern finance devices and approaches
- Excellent technical, analytical abilities and established operational monitor file of reaching outcomes;
- Relevant expertise in organising of IPP procurement advisory and help applications
- Proven monitor file in designing technical help initiatives and coverage advisory
- Sound understanding and expertise concerning modern finance approaches and supporting the required framework environments
- Relevant expertise working inside an Development Finance Institution, ideally with a give attention to African power markets
- Track file and expertise in designing and organising of information merchandise and initiatives
- Business growth and useful resource mobilization experience
- Communicate and write successfully in French or English, with a great working data of the different language.
- Competence in the use of normal Microsoft Office purposes (Word, Excel, Access, PowerLevel); data of SAP is fascinating.
Job Title: Senior Agricultural Officer
Position N°: 50063201
- The Vice-Presidency for Regional Development, Integration and Business Delivery is accountable for operational relevance, effectivity and effectiveness of the Bank Group’s operational applications, and actions.
- The Vice-Presidency for Regional Development will make sure that the Bank operates efficiently throughout its Regional Member Countries and oversee the full implementation of all features of the Bank’s Regional Directorates.
- Within regional growth, integration and enterprise supply complicated the Bank has 5 (5) regional hubs one in every area: South Africa, North Africa, West Africa, East Africa and Central Africa. Each Regional Hub is headed by a Director General.
The Hiring Department
- The Directorate-General for Central Africa performs a key function in the Bank’s operational framework for poverty discount and sustainable growth in its regional member international locations. It steers the preparation of indicative nationwide and regional lending methods and programmes, specializing in the flagship programmes of the Bank’s High 5s, particularly: “Light up and Power Africa,” “Feed Africa,” “Industrialize Africa,” “Integrate Africa” and “Improve the Quality of Life for the People of Africa.”
- The Agriculture, Human and Social Development Division (RDGC.2) covers the final three High 5s, which intention at: meals and dietary safety via the transformation of agriculture by creating agro-industry; bettering entry to schooling, well being, ingesting water and sanitation; youth employment and selling gender equality and social safety.
- As a part of the RDGC, the Senior Agricultural Officer will contribute to the growth and implementation of the Bank’s methods and initiatives/programmes, below the “FEED AFRICA” agricultural transformation agenda, in the regional member international locations.
- He/she shall be accountable for establishing dialogue with the public authorities of regional member international locations, particularly with regard to the actions of the African Development Bank to help nationwide and sectoral insurance policies and reforms in the areas of agriculture, agro-industry, rural growth, pure useful resource administration and local weather change.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the technical supervision of the Division Manager, RDGC.2, and the route of the Gabon Country Manager, the Senior Agricultural Officer will carry out the following features:
Project Cycle Activities:
- Steer and contribute to the growth of operational actions for mission preparation in the agricultural and rural growth sector, for Bank financing and defend his/her initiatives/programmes earlier than the Bank’s Board.
- Contribute to the preparation and implementation of the Bank’s sector insurance policies and methods, together with the conduct of financial and sector work, in the areas of agriculture, agro-industry, rural growth, pure useful resource administration and local weather change.
- Provide persevering with technical help and strategic recommendation to mission administration employees and professionals in Bank member international locations on the correct utility of the Bank’s operational mission administration procedures.
- Coordinate with the Bank’s Finance Department and nationwide companions in the processing of disbursement requests, administration of audit missions and monitoring of the monetary execution of initiatives.
- Monitor the efficient implementation of all mission phases, together with the implementation of financing agreements, procurement administration, monitoring of disbursements, common audits, monitoring of progress studies, and so on., whereas making certain correct compliance with the guidelines and procedures relevant to Bank-financed operations.
- Prepare Project Completion Reports (PCRs) in accordance with the Bank’s Operations Manual.
- Organize and undertake subject missions for the preparation, appraisal, supervision and management of Bank-financed initiatives and sector work.
- Identify and use at strategic moments key consultants (people and establishments) to help beneficiaries in the design and implementation of initiatives in the areas of agriculture, agro-industry, rural growth, pure useful resource administration and local weather change.
- Help to create an enabling surroundings for data administration, particularly by (i) offering sensible help for mission implementation so as to obtain total targets, (ii) involving consultants and useful resource individuals in Africa, (iii) figuring out modern approaches, outcomes and classes realized from previous experiences, (iv) making certain speedy data sharing with nationwide companions, (v) encouraging and supporting the dissemination of outcomes at the degree required for attainable replication, (vi) making certain the efficient recruitment of consultants to undertake varied data administration actions, and so on.
- Contribute to the dissemination of data and make sure that classes and suggestions are documented and rapidly shared.
- Perform any job assigned by the line supervisor.
Partnerships and Dialogue:
- Contribute to coordination with nationwide, regional and worldwide companions.
- Represent the Bank in donor conferences, regional and worldwide conferences, conferences, seminars and workshops on growth points.
- Establish sound communication between the varied stakeholders
Including fascinating abilities, data and expertise:
- Hold at least a Master’s degree or equal in Agronomy or Rural Development with specialization in Agricultural Economics, or in associated fields.
- A minimal of 5 (5) years of expertise in Agriculture, Agribusiness, Rural Development, Natural Resources Management and Climate Change or associated fields.
- Have sound expertise and a confirmed file in the design and implementation of social growth funding initiatives.
- Good data of the operational insurance policies and programming practices of a multilateral group.
- An excellent understanding of the challenges associated to the growth of agriculture, agro-industry, rural growth, pure useful resource administration and local weather change in creating international locations and confirmed expertise in the insurance policies, procedures and operational practices of main bilateral or multilateral growth businesses in Africa and notably in Central Africa and the means to work successfully in all sectors.
- Have a powerful sense of initiative, be results-minded, team-oriented and show management abilities.
- Be capable of implement modern approaches, work independently and apply new strategies to unravel issues, whereas remaining efficient in a dynamic, evolving and demanding company surroundings.
- Demonstrate a powerful important thoughts.
- Be capable of anticipate wants and calls for and conduct unbiased coverage discussions with authorities representatives, and help strategic considering on the growth of agriculture, agro-industry, rural growth, pure useful resource administration and local weather change.
- Be capable of accomplish a mission in a multicultural surroundings and collaborate inside groups and with different departments.
- Excellent oral and written communication abilities in French, with a great working data of English.
- Competence in the use of normal Microsoft software program purposes
Job Title: Senior Labour Economist
Location: Cote d’Ivoire
Position N°: 50065751
- The Vice President, Regional Development, Integration and Business Delivery, is accountable for the relevance, effectivity and effectiveness of the Bank Group’s operational programmes and actions.
- The RDVP Vice-President ensures that the Bank carries out its actions successfully in all its RMCs and supervises the full implementation of all features of the Bank’s regional administration.
- Five Regional Development, Integration and Business Delivery Hubs have been created, every run by a Director General: Southern Africa, North Africa, West Africa; East Africa, and Central Africa.
The Hiring Department/Division
- The General Directorate for Central Africa performs a central function in the Bank’s operational framework for the discount of poverty and promotion of sustainable growth in its Regional Member Countries (RMCs).
- It leads the growth of indicative lending methods and programmes at the nationwide and regional ranges, specializing in the Bank’s Five Operational Priorities (High 5s) flagship programmes: Light Up and Power Africa; Feed Africa; Industrialize Africa; Integrate Africa; and Improve the Quality of Life of the People of Africa.
- The Agriculture, Human and Social Development Division (RDGC.2) covers the final three High 5s, which give attention to: meals and dietary safety via agricultural transformation by creating the agro-industry; bettering entry to schooling, well being, ingesting water and sanitation; youth employment and selling gender equality and social safety.
- As a member of the RDGC, the Senior Labour Economist will guarantee the implementation of initiatives, programmes and research in the social sector, with a give attention to job creation and social safety.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the total supervision of the Division Manager, the Senior Labour Economist will:
- Provide built-in strategic recommendation and high-level technical help to the Bank and RMCs on employment points;
- Make important contribution to the Bank’s data administration initiatives in the subject of employment so as to stimulate knowledge-sharing inside and out of doors the Bank;
- Provide sound recommendation on finest practices to deal with broader labour market points. Serve as a technical authority on employment for poor and marginalized teams;
- Provide skilled recommendation to different Bank Departments/Divisions on labour market points, together with unemployment, social safety and poverty discount;
- Participate in the formulation, preparation, analysis, negotiation, monitoring, follow-up, launching, supervision and retrospective analysis missions and the evaluation means of small- to large-scale initiatives or programmes;
- Lead sure particular preparation, analysis, monitoring, launching, supervision and mission completion missions; put together related studies and guarantee their processing till their approval by the Board;
- Review and consider research and different mission paperwork;
- Recruit and supervise the work of consultants accountable for varied missions and obligations associated to Bank operations;
- Monitor mission implementation standing; evaluation mission implementation points and suggest options;
- Establish relations with different donors for the co-financing of Bank operations; and
- Review and supply recommendation on paperwork, research and different studies (identification, preparation, analysis and completion studies, CSPs, SEAs, and so on.) ready by the Bank.
Including fascinating abilities, data and expertise:
- At least a Master’s degree or equal degree in Economics or different associated disciplines;
- At least 5 years of related skilled expertise in the fields of labour markets and social safety. Project cycle expertise and data of the actions of multilateral growth banks shall be an asset;
- Good command of and expertise in analyzing labour market data for coverage growth and finest practices;
- Competence in the use of Bank commonplace software program; and
- Ability to successfully talk in English or French (written and oral), with sensible working data of the different.
How to Apply
Interested and certified candidates ought to:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline eighth June, 2019.
Note: This place is assessed worldwide standing and attracts worldwide phrases and situations of employment.
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- Asaba Specialist Hospital Massive Job Recruitment for Graduates and Non-Graduate
- Dufil Prima Foods Plc Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2021/2022
- FMDQ Holdings Plc Graduate Development Programme 2022
- BUA Group Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2022
- Oando Plc Recruitment 2022 For Graduates Apply now
- Shell Petroleum Development Company SPDC 2022 Recruitment for Graduates