INTERSOS is an impartial non-profit humanitarian group dedicated to help the victims of pure disasters and armed conflicts. Its actions are primarily based on the ideas of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and alternatives, and respect for range and coexistence, paying particular consideration to probably the most susceptible and unprotected people.
We are recruiting to fill the place under:
Job Title: Reception Center Officer
Location: Monguno, Borno
Reporting to: Reception Manager
- Reception Center Officer is accountable to help the Reception Center Manager within the implementation of the challenge actions
Key Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Organize the day by day and weekly schedule of Social Workers, underneath supervision of Reception Center Manager
- Under supervision of Reception Manager manage the reception of latest arrivals
- Ensure upkeep and functioning of the Reception Center amenities
- Conduct monitoring visits in Reception Center all with a purpose to assess wants
- Organize social mobilization and consciousness session in Reception Center
- Supervise the Referral of susceptible people to specialize companies in keeping with their wants
- Produce weekly and month-to-month knowledge to be shared with Reception Center Manager
- Represent INTERSOS in coordination assembly, if mandatory
- Support the Reception Center Manager within the group of inside and exterior coordination
Qualifications and Skills
- B.Sc in Social Science or equal from an accredited establishment
- Minimum 2 year of expertise in humanitarian work
- Minimum 2 year of expertise in CCCM/Protection (Desirable)
- Background/familiarity with Emergency.
- Good Knowledge of IDP context in Nigeria
- Knowledge of CCCM requirements
- Experience is workers administration
- Cultural sensitiveness
- Good command of written and spoken English, Kanuri, Shuwa Arab and Hausa Languages
- Strong interpersonal and staff constructing abilities and excellence as a staff participant
- Must possess the power to study with pace and ease.
- Strong sense of accountability, methodical and correct with excessive organizational abilities
- Honesty and integrity and having the ability to deal with aggravating conditions.
- Strong listening and empathy abilities, in addition to dedication to supporting girls and youngsters survivors/ at threat;
- Ability and motivation to work effectively with native authorities, native leaders and area people;
- Computer literate (MS Excel, MS Word, Kobo)
- Willing to work further hours and out there at the weekend for emergency instances.
Interested and certified candidates ought to: Click here to apply
Application Deadline 24th June, 2019
Job Title: Head of Base (HoB)
Location: Maiduguri with missions on the coordination workplace in Abuja and on the sphere bases
Starting Date: 24/06/2019
Contract Duration: 12 months
Reporting to: Head of Mission
Supervision of: 10 International workers
General Context of the Project
Since 2009, the Boko Haram insurgency has crippled north japanese Nigeria. Borno State continues to be most affected, with over 1.7 million internally displaced individuals (IDPs). Recent advances by the Nigerian Army and the Multinational Joint Task Force have improved humanitarian entry in 24 of the 27 Local Government Areas (LGAs) in Borno. In areas not too long ago retaken by the Government susceptible host populations are in important want of humanitarian interventions. In assist to the UN-led coordinated humanitarian response within the area, INTERSOS is implementing extra tasks addressing important gaps in well being and vitamin, WASH, meals safety, shelter, Camp Coordination and Camp Management and safety companies for a extremely susceptible inhabitants within the newly accessible LGA of Maiduguri, Magumeri, Ngala, Bama, Jere, Mobbar and Dikwa.
General Purpose of the Position
- The HoB Nigeria will oversee the Operations, Administrative, HR and Logistics models in Borno state, together with Maiduguri, Magumeri, Ngala, Bama, Jere, Mobbar and Dikwa, guaranteeing operations high quality, strategic programming and planning, guaranteeing strategic progress and robust exterior and inside illustration and advocacy. S/he should have the ability to encourage and lead a various workers in addition to successfully oversee operations, packages, budgets and partnerships.
Main Responsibilities and Tasks
Program and operations:
- Participate within the improvement and updating of the nation technique by offering info from the sphere.
- Ensure a relentless evaluation of humanitarian context in his/her space of accountability
- Oversee the logistics, procurement, administration and HR operations in Borno State, aiming at bettering the operations techniques and processes.
- Manage accountability of Admin and Operations actions in Maiduguri base
- Support challenge discipline workers in Borno State within the optimum and environment friendly implementation of the tasks.
- Coordinate and supervise the implementation of ongoing tasks.
- Ensure total consistency within the implementation of packages in each intervention websites.
- Coordinate the event of latest tasks proposal in collaboration with technical referents, key workers and the Head of Mission.
- Guarantee a superb synergy between technical and assist groups at discipline stage and between the varied implementation areas.
- Ensure implementation of suggestions from inside audits, departmental discipline visits and discipline assessments.
- Play a facilitator function between discipline workplaces/operation and Coordination workplace.
- Keep the Coordination knowledgeable of program progresses, obstacles and supply.
- Manage the follow-up of suggestions from the technical and assist departments.
- Coordinate reporting actions at discipline stage in accordance with the necessities of donors and the headquarter.
- Coordinate the capitalization of data/operation to offer proof to hold out advocacy actions.
- Supervise and handle the staff members underneath his direct accountability, guaranteeing their teaching and common evaluations.
- Ensure a superb stage of communication between the areas of intervention.
- Facilitate and promote the graceful circulation of data.
- Ensure that discipline groups clarify requests for assist to coordination groups to maximise operational effectiveness and program effectiveness and high quality.
- Support the Head of Mission on the promotion of accountability and dedication to INTERSOS constitution and prevention on abuse of energy.
- Coordinate and oversee all INTERSOS partnerships In Borno State.
- Participate in humanitarian coordination actions.
- If mandatory, implement at native stage the technique and advocacy actions outlined for the mission.
- Maintain an efficient community with stakeholders at native stage about safety points, acquire and analyze info to determine threat and context evaluation and do the observe up of the groups.
- Support the Head of Mission within the manufacturing of inside safety rules and guarantee their application
- Manage, each day, any safety incident or deterioration of the safety surroundings by reporting to the Head of Mission
Coordination with assist features:
- Manage monetary, logistics and HR actions by monitoring and analyzing indicators.
- Ensure compliance with monetary, logistic and HR procedures inside the varied Borno State Offices
- Anticipate the monetary, logistic and HR wants at Borno State stage and talk these must the Coordination utilizing acceptable instruments and in compliance with the deliberate deadlines.
- Ensure the efficiency of the provision chain and logistic points.
- Ensure the implementation of the HR coverage and the administration of human assets in keeping with established procedures.
- Relevant Degree and/or equal administration working expertise
- Relevant working expertise of at least three years and former Humanitarian expertise.
- Strategic imaginative and prescient, management, people administration, teamwork and suppleness,
- Ability to work underneath strain in a extremely advanced emergency context
- Excellent organizational abilities
- Able to make sure fast high quality supply in aggravating surroundings
- Very sturdy interpersonal abilities: sturdy communication and diplomatic abilities
- Practical and problem-solver
- Excellent means to determine interpersonal relations and good negotiation abilities
- Good information of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Fully proficient in written and spoken English
- Ability to cope with stress and demanding working surroundings.
- Readiness to commit and cling to the values, mission and imaginative and prescient of INTERSOS.
Interested and certified candidates ought to: Click here to apply
Application Deadline 4th July, 2019.
Do you wish to be updated with present jobs in Nigeria?
Subscribe to Get Daily News & Job updates
DO YOU WANT FREE DAILY JOB ALERTS?
QUICK SEARCH FOR JOBS IN YOUR FIELD
- See more
- Abia State
- ABUJA FCT
- Adamawa State
- Akwa Ibom State
- Anambra State
- Apprenticeship training
- Banking Industry
- Bauchi State
- Bayelsa State
- Benue State
- Borno State
- Career Tips
- CELEBRITY & GOSSIP ZONE
- Charity Organization
- Construction Company
- Contract Job
- Criminal case
- Cross River State
- Delsu News
- Delta State
- Ebonyi State
- Edo State
- Ekiti State
- Engineering Jobs
- Entry-level Jobs
- Enugu State
- FEDERAL GOVERNMENT RECRUITMENT IN NIGERIA
- Full time jobs
- Gombe State
- Google AdSense know how
- Hotel Management/hospitality company
- HOW TO MAKE MONEY ONLINE
- Imo State
- Internship Jobs
- Jigawa State
- JOB FOR SSCE
- Jobs and Recruitment
- Jobs for LEGAL/Law
- Jobs in Education
- JOBS IN NORTHERN NIGERIA
- JOBS IN SOUTH EAST
- JOBS IN SOUTH SOUTH
- JOBS IN SOUTH WEST
- Kaduna State
- Kano State
- Katsina State
- Kebbi State
- Kogi State
- Kwara State
- Lagos State
- Management and Logistics Company
- Manager jobs
- Manufacturing Industry
- Marketing Jobs
- Medical /Health
- MSC/MS / PHD
- Nasarawa State
- National Assembly News
- NGO / Community Services
- Niger Delta
- Nigeria Election
- Ogun State
- Oil and Gas Company
- Ondo State
- Osun State
- Oyo State
- Part Time Jobs
- PASS QUESTIONS
- Rivers State
- SCHOLARSHIP Jobs
- Security issues
- Sokoto State
- Taraba State
- Urhobo Language
- World News
- Yobe State
- Zamfara State
DON’T GIVE UP HUNTING FOR JOB
HOT JOBS, RECOMMEND FOR YOU
FEDERAL GOVERNMENT JOBS
JOBS BY CATEGORIES
- Abia State 27
- ABUJA FCT 97
- Adamawa State 34
- Akwa Ibom State 31
- Anambra State 29
- Apprenticeship training 3
- Banking Industry 25
- Bauchi State 22
- Bayelsa State 25
- Benue State 25
- Borno State 36
- Career Tips 7
- Construction Company 10
- Contract Job 6
- Cross River State 32
- Delta State 29
- Ebonyi State 24
- Edo State 34
- Ekiti State 25
- Engineering Jobs 14
- Entry-level Jobs 271
- Enugu State 24
- Featured 2
- FEDERAL GOVERNMENT RECRUITMENT IN NIGERIA 4
- Full time jobs 1415
- Gombe State 27
- Google AdSense know how 6
- Hotel Management/hospitality company 4
- HOW TO MAKE MONEY ONLINE 2
- Imo State 23
- Internship Jobs 34
- Jigawa State 22
- JOB FOR SSCE 64
- Jobs and Recruitment 1833
- Jobs for LEGAL/Law 5
- Jobs in Education 11
- JOBS IN NORTHERN NIGERIA 119
- JOBS IN SOUTH EAST 88
- JOBS IN SOUTH SOUTH 122
- JOBS IN SOUTH WEST 288
- Jos 16
- Kaduna State 31
- Kano State 29
- Katsina State 25
- Kebbi State 26
- Kogi State 26
- Kwara State 27
- Lagos State 357
- Management and Logistics Company 6
- Manager jobs 5
- Manufacturing Industry 7
- Marketing Jobs 1
- Medical /Health 12
- MSC/MS / PHD 49
- Nasarawa State 22
- NCE/OND/HND/BSC 1438
- NGO / Community Services 2
- Nigeria Election 2
- Ogun State 47
- Oil and Gas Company 25
- Ondo State 33
- Osun State 24
- Oyo State 40
- Part Time Jobs 8
- PASS QUESTIONS 1
- Plateau 13
- Rivers State 61
- SCHOLARSHIP Jobs 6
- Sokoto State 23
- Taraba State 26
- Yobe State 24
- Zamfara State 23