Buhari’s minister resign to prepare for her campaign
Khadija Bukar Abba Ibrahim, Nigeria’s minister of state for foreign affairs has resigned her appointment to run for elective positions in the 2019 general elections.
It was gathered that Ibrahim will be running for Damaturu/Tarmuwa/Gujba/Gulani federal constituency of Yobe state in the National Assembly. The Sun reports that she confirmed to some State House correspondents that Wednesday’s Federal Executive Council (FEC) meeting was going to be her last, shortly before the commencement of the meeting.
that Hajiya Khadija Ibrahim defeated her stepson Mohammed Ibrahim to clinch the All Progressives Congress (APC) ticket for Damaturu/Gulani/Gujba/Tarmuwa, Yobe federal constituency last year’s October at the All Progressives Congress (APC) the primary election.
Prof Abba Gambo, the returning officer of the election announced that Khadijah polled 1,295 votes to defeat Mohammed who scored only 15 votes. In spite of pressures mounted on Mohammed to step down for his father’s wife, he refused.
Two other contenders including the serving representative Alhaji Abdullahi Kukuwa and Alhaji Ahmed Buba stepped down for the minister.
The minister commended Abdullahi and Ahmed for withdrawing from the race to support her win the election.
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- Landmark University Recruitment for Non Academic staff
- Nigerian Breweries Graduate Management Development Scheme 2022
- Dufil Prima Foods Plc Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2021/2022
- United Nigeria Airlines Recruitment For Graduates
- BUA Group Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2022
- FMDQ Holdings Plc Graduate Development Programme 2022