The Parliamentary Support Group of the Senate and House of Representatives has unveiled what transpired at the Tuesday’s emergency secret meeting of the National Assembly (NASS).
The group said that all members that spoke at the joint session were mainly members of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP).
Rep. Abdulmumin Jibrin (APC-Kano), said in a statement in Abuja, on behalf of the group.
A joint session for the National Assembly on Tuesday passed a 12 point resolution calling on the executive to implement them or risk a constitutional sanction.
“Almost all the members and senators that spoke at the Executive Session are of the PDP while members of the APC declined joining the discussion to avoid a rowdy confrontation,” he said .
He observed that the Speaker, House of Representatives, “tactically” refused to make any comment at the session “even after the Senate President took time to explain the issues which are mostly personal”.
He alleged that a known ally of the Senate President from Kwara, Rep Rasak Atunwa, drafted what was adopted as the resolution of the session without allowing for voting.
“It is disturbing and raised many questions of pre-determined intentions,” Jibrin said.
He said most of the issues raised during the session, concerning the fight against corruption, insecurity and the rule of law have earlier been severally discussed in the Senate and the House and various resolutions passed.
“We commend the efforts of Mr President in the fight against corruption, tackling of the insecurity challenges and respect for rule of law and democratic institutions. Mr President is known for his non-interference policy.
“Every Senator or Member of the House who has corruption or criminal allegation against him or her should clear his or her name without dragging the entire institution of the National Assembly into the matter, Jibrin said.
He advised the National Assembly to look inward and address issues suffocating senators and members with dissenting or contrary opinion through coercion or extra legal means.
“We must exercise caution at this delicate period not to over-heat the polity with statements that are capable of dividing the country, embarrassing us before the watching world and creating friction between the legislature and the executive, specifically Mr President.
“We wish to reaffirm our support to Mr President as he works assiduously towards dealing with the challenges of our country,” Jibrin said.
Source: News Agency of Nigeria
QUICK SEARCH FOR JOBS IN YOUR FIELD
- Supreme Court takes decision on PDP’s INEC server claim
- EFCC denies raiding Akinwunmi Ambode’s residence
- I will lift not less than 100 million Nigerians from poverty – Buhari Boast
- Angry ‘side chick’ burns down the house of her ‘boo’ after he called her for intimacy at 4am but slept off before she arrived
- Miracle !! Woman Alleged kidney stones Patient gave birth to triplets
DON’T GIVE UP HUNTING FOR JOB
HOT JOBS, RECOMMEND FOR YOU
- NIGERIA SECURITY AND CIVIL DEFENCE CORPS 2019 Massive Recruitment
- National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) Recruitment 2019
- Dangote Cement Plc, Recruitment 8th August 2019
- Dangote Refinery Recruitment 2019: Latest Vacancies ( 4 Slots )
- IROKO TV Partners Limited massive recruitment for Outbound Telesales Agents (500 slots )
- Edo State Government 2019 Apprenticeship Programme
- Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) recruitment for Observers in Kogi and Bayelsa States, August 2019
- Kaduna State Government 2019 Massive Recruitment for Entry-level & Exp
- Entry Level Bank Tellers recruitment in a Reputable Bank in Lagos, August 2019
- Entry Level Recruitment at UBA Bank, 1st August, 2019
- Ongoing Recruitment For Customer Service Representatives In A Renowned Commercial Bank ( Nationwide )
- Massive Recruitment at Titan Trust Bank Limited, (18 Positions )
- Julius Berger Nigeria Plc : Latest Recruitment
- First Bank of Nigeria 2019 Recruitment for 19th, July 2019 [ 8 Position ]
FEDERAL GOVERNMENT JOBS
JOBS BY CATEGORIES
- Abia State 11
- ABUJA FCT 35
- Adamawa State 16
- Akwa Ibom State 14
- Anambra State 12
- Apprenticeship training 3
- Banking Industry 29
- Bauchi State 9
- Bayelsa State 10
- Benue State 9
- Borno State 16
- Career Tips 7
- Construction Company 9
- Contract Job 6
- Cross River State 13
- Delta State 12
- Ebonyi State 12
- Edo State 16
- Ekiti State 11
- Engineering Jobs 15
- Entry-level Jobs 227
- Enugu State 9
- Featured 13
- FEDERAL GOVERNMENT RECRUITMENT IN NIGERIA 2
- Full time jobs 1030
- Gombe State 10
- Google AdSense know how 6
- Hotel Management/hospitality company 4
- HOW TO MAKE MONEY ONLINE 1
- Imo State 9
- Internship Jobs 36
- Jigawa State 8
- JOB FOR SSCE 64
- Jobs and Recruitment 1514
- Jobs for LEGAL/Law 6
- Jobs in Education 10
- JOBS IN NORTHERN NIGERIA 127
- JOBS IN SOUTH EAST 94
- JOBS IN SOUTH SOUTH 137
- JOBS IN SOUTH WEST 292
- Jos 7
- Kaduna State 15
- Kano State 10
- Katsina State 9
- Kebbi State 9
- Kogi State 11
- Kwara State 12
- Lagos State 147
- Management and Logistics Company 7
- Manager jobs 7
- Manufacturing Industry 8
- Marketing Jobs 2
- Medical /Health 13
- MSC/MS / PHD 52
- Nasarawa State 8
- NCE/OND/HND/BSC 1114
- NGO / Community Services 2
- Nigeria Election 2
- Ogun State 15
- Oil and Gas Company 27
- Ondo State 11
- Osun State 10
- Oyo State 13
- Part Time Jobs 8
- PASS QUESTIONS 1
- Plateau 7
- Rivers State 26
- SCHOLARSHIP Jobs 6
- Sokoto State 9
- Taraba State 9
- Yobe State 9
- Zamfara State 9