“Real Madrid wishes to make it clear that the information published today by the newspaper Mundo Deportivo, in which it is claimed that our club has studied the option of leaving La Liga for the Premier League, is completely false, as well as absurd and impossible,” stated a Real Madrid statement.
The sole goal of this information, according to Real, is to “disrupt once again the daily life of our club,” which begins its Liga season on Saturday evening against Alaves.
“Real Madrid studied the option of joining the Premier League,” according to Mundo Deportivo’s front page on Saturday, dissatisfied by the collapse of the Super League project, which its president Florentino Perez favours.
Real are also miffed by the Spanish League’s decision, backed by president Javier Tebas, to sell 10% of its rights to investment company CVC for 50 years.
“Real Madrid’s intention has been to find out if it would be possible to leave the Spanish league and join another big league,” Mundo Deportivo wrote. “The club’s managers are tired of the problems and sticks that Javier Tebas continually pokes in their wheels.”
“In this scenario, Florentino Perez and his close associates prefer the English Premier League, though they have also gathered information about joining the Italian Serie A or the German Bundesliga,” the Catalan daily reported.
Latest Jobs in Nigeria Now
- Nigerian Navy Recruitment 2022 Exercise for SSCE, OND, NCE Application Guidelines
- INEC Adhoc Staff Recruitment Portal 2022 for 2023 Election | INEC Recruitment Portal login 2022
- INEC Recruitment for Observers
- Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority (NSIA) Graduate Programme 2022
- Nigeria Police Recruitment Portal 2022 Open for Applications