Read acceptance speech of Tonto Dikeh as deputy governorship candidate in Rivers state
Acceptance speech to serve as Hon. Tonte Ibraye’s running mate in the 2023 election for governor of Rivers State on behalf of the African Democratic Congress (ADC)
All party officials, including members of the National Working Committee (NWC), are present, along with Chief Ralph Nwosu, national chairman of the African Democratic Congress (ADC).
Hon. Tonte Ibraye, Rivers State candidate for governor.
Members of the press, as well as other invited guests.
Permit me to stand on established protocol and say that today is a day to work the talk rather than give a long speech.
- It is clear that the majority of Nigerians, and the good people of Rivers State in particular, have been complaining for far too long about how democratic development dividends and governance have fallen short of best practices internationally.
We have also bemoaned the lack of opportunities given to selfless, energetic, and innovative youths to participate in and contribute their fair share to the development of their States, with a particular focus on Rivers State, where I am from.
I am very optimistic that this is a turning point in our social and political history, but technical solutions are required to alleviate the problems facing our beloved State rather than resorting to desperate measures first and foremost.
- A major issue facing our teeming youth is the high rate of unemployment, which contributes to restlessness, insecurity, and other social vices.
We will develop strategies for generating large amounts of employment, including more young people and women in governance, and we will play significant roles in the growth of Rivers State where their abilities and ideas can be effectively utilized.
- I will play a key role in moving RIVERSTATE as a patriotic Nigerian, supporter of good governance, and humanitarian who has positively impacted the lives of millions of less fortunate people through my foundation, The Tonto Dikeh Foundation, and my experience on governance, leadership, and administration from Committee of Youth on Mobilization Sensitization (CYMS).
That is the latest Naija News Today on Read acceptance speech of Tonto Dikeh as deputy governorship candidate in Rivers state
Latest Jobs in Nigeria Now
- Nigeria Police Recruitment Portal 2022 Open for Applications
- INEC Recruitment for Observers
- INEC Adhoc Staff Recruitment Portal 2022 for 2023 Election | INEC Recruitment Portal login 2022
- Nigerian Navy Recruitment 2022 Exercise for SSCE, OND, NCE Application Guidelines
- Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority (NSIA) Graduate Programme 2022