All Grand Alliance Party (AGAP) together with 32 political Parties in Suit Number FHC/ABJ/CS/444/2019 had approached the Federal High Court, Abuja in 2019, to amongst other things, restrain the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) from deregistering the Party pending the determination of the Suit.
According to the Delta State Chairman, of All Grand Alliance Party (AGAP) Prince Alex Oyoro, the case has been called four different times in court, but neither INEC nor their lawyers had shown up in court after being served in all occasions. On the 14th of Jan., 2020 the case was finally heard.
PAY ATTENTION TO : INEC finally Deregisters 74 Political Parties ( See Full List)
The Federal High Court upon hearing the Motion for an Interlocutory Injunction, adjourned for Ruling on February 17, 2020.
It is however incomprehensible on the part of INEC to take such decision which is an affront on the judiciary, an abuse of the Court Process and conscious disregard for the Rule of law.
Moreover, All Grand Alliance Party (AGAP) as a political party, who was registered on June, 2017, these processes of elections as stated on the reviewed constitution ‘section 225A’ have not been consummated as 5 state governorship elections, Local Govt council elections in most states have not been held. Ondo, Edo, Anambra, Ekiti and Osun elections have not been held in this cycle.
Hence, the action purportedly taken by INEC yesterday, we can conclude that INEC as an institution, no longer has regards or respect for the rule of law and has lost the confidence of political Parties in the political affairs of the Nation.
We advise the Independent National Electoral Commission to immediately reverse the purported decision in order not to infringe on the rights of All Grand Alliance Party (AGAP) and other political parties, from participating in various elections already scheduled for the year 2020 and beyond.
Job Vacancies in Nigeria
- Massive recruitment at Achievers University for Academic and Non-Academic Staff ( 106 Slots )
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- Massive Recruitment in an Indigenous Non-profit and Non-governmental Organization
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer
- Ends Soon : Greenwich Merchant Bank (GMB) Graduate Trainee Program (GGTP4.0) 2021
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria