Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an unbiased worldwide medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency assist in additional than 60 nations to people affected by armed battle, epidemics, pure or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
We are recruiting to fill the place beneath:
Job Title: Radio Operator
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
Contract Period: 3 Months
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Operating the HF and VHF radios, avoiding utilizing any delicate or security associated info and following the MSF security guidelines.
- Ensures radio frequencies’ (HF and VHF) high quality and transmission capability. Installs and applications frequencies in all kind of radios when vital Ensuring that messages are properly copied/handed to all people involved and data the messages on the radio logbook.
- Installing, working and performing preventive upkeep checks on assigned tools, checking that the tools is working correctly and instantly informing the road supervisor of any injury/loss/theft.
- Maintaining the tools, communications room and premises in clear and tidy situations. Maintaining and supervising HF VHF batteries standing in good upkeep situationInstalls, applications and handle all MSF Belgium Telecom/Radio tools (HF, VHF, modems, antennas, cabling, energy programs, inverters, batteries and repeaters) respecting with inner requirements and procedures.
- Providing primary radio coaching when essential to MSF employees
- Responding to radio contacts from different accepted organizations and forwarding it on the data through this channel. Making radio contacts with reference bases (capital and/or area) based on communication guidelines / schedules and forwards all info in regards to the security of the groups to the Project/Capital Coordinator.
- Monitoring and registering any motion, of people, autos, helicopters, airplanes and cargo, (departure, arrival, variety of passengers, route taken, normal contact factors) and informs line supervisor of any delays. Supervising and monitoring the VHF radio allocation ebook (handsets) and registering the mortgage of handsets to all employees, following it up frequently.
- Candidates should possess HND qualification with 2 years work expertise.
How to Apply
Interested and certified candidates should submit their Application together with Cover Letter, Resume and duplicate of related levels, certificates and NYSC certificates/exemption as follows: firstname.lastname@example.org (SmoothCopy)
Hard Copy to:
No 14 Tennessee Crescent,
Off Panama, Maitama,
- Please embody the title of the place within the topic line of the e-mail.
- Please word solely short-listed candidates will probably be notified and invited for interview; MSF Belgium takes this chance to thank all potential candidates for his or her application.
- The above emptiness is open to all residents of Nigeria.
- MSF is an equal alternative employer; each women and men are inspired to use
Application Deadline twentieth November, 2020.