Shehu Maikudi, the Gombe State Commissioner of Police on Wednesday, has cried out concerning the rising variety of rape instances within the state.
He burdened that the state additional time had skilled an upsurge in r3pe instances, including that there was the necessity for collaboration of main stakeholders.
The commissioner disclosed this whereas briefing newsmen on the state of crime within the state.
Maikudi stated, “Today is 6th of January, and we have seven reported cases of r3pe this year. That is not good enough; there is the need for us to do something. The governor has taken time to address religious leaders: Christian Association of Nigeria, the Islamic Ulamas. The same applies to homosexuality.
“In the preceding year, we recorded 250 cases of r3pe; we arraigned the suspects in court and they are awaiting trial. This particular menace is what is disturbing the generality of the people because most of the victims are minors; they are children of six years and below, and they are being exploited by unscrupulous elements who are adults. Their age ranges from 34 to 60, 70.”
Nigeria Latest News, Nigeria Breaking News, Today News in Nigeria, Nigeria Newspaper Today, Todays Nigeria News, Latestnewsinnigeria, Naijagist, Naijaplanet , Naija News , Latest Nigerian News, Latest News in Nigeria, Nigeria News Now, News in Nigeria Today , Latest Naija News Loaded , %title%
- 2021 Management Trainee Recruitment at 3P Solutions & Company
- Graduate Job Recruitment at Haventis Drugs Limited
- First Bank Nigeria 2021 Massive Recruitment
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria ( January )
- Nigeria Police Force, NPF Microfinance Bank Plc Recruitment 2021
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 (28 Positions)
- Franchise Governance Officer at Citibank Nigeria Limited
- Transaction Trainees Needed in a Reputable Bank in Nigeria
- Jobs In Nigeria at Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc
- Akwa Ibom State Teachers Recruitment 2021 ( Massive Recruitment of 10, 000 Graduates )
From Ejes Gist Nigeria
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s opinion, they do not reflect the views of the Publisher of EJES GIST NIGERIA. Please report any fake news , misinformation or defamatory statements to [email protected]