- NGO & Humanitarian
- Solidarites International
Solidarites International (SI) is a French humanitarian organization which provides aid and assistance to victims of war or natural disaster. For over 40 years the association has focused on meeting three vital needs – water, food and shelter. SI is present in North-East Nigeria since 2016 and is currently operating in 4 bases across Borno State (Maiduguri, Monguno, Ngala, and Dikwa) with outreach capacities across all BAY States through its emergency component. Currently, SI carries out emergency / post – emergency programs in WASH sector in North-West Nigeria where limited actors are currently present.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Jo.: Purchase Officer
Job Location: Gusau, Zamfara
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Duration: Projected contract duration is 6 Months – with possible extension
Goal / Purpose
- He / she carries out the purchases for the programs and structure for his / her assigned base.
- He/she is one of the guarantors for implementing and respecting Solidarites International purchase procedures.
- He/she is responsible for filing and archiving logistics documents linked to purchases
Knowledge and monitoring of the market:
- Take part in the analysis of the local purchasing environment
- Update price lists and supplier files
Implementation of purchasing process:
- Receive and process requests for quotes and IOFs after verification and approval by his/her line manager
- Implement purchases while respecting the rules and approval procedures established by donors and Solidarités International
- Ensure tht the format of, and information on quotes and invoices comply with regulations
- Ensure compliance with administrative procedures for the management of advances and payment of suppliers
- Establish and archive purchasing files in accordance with the rules of Solidarites International and its donors
- Ensure that products purchased correspond to the requirements of the purchase officer’s requirements in terms of quantity and quality
Monitor and update IOFs electronically:
- Ensure the compilation of price lists and suppliers
- Ensure the monitoring of IOF requests and inform program managers of the status of their orders
- Ensure the archiving of logistics documents linked to purchases
ORG Chart Position (reporting and functional relationships):
- Line manager: Logistics Assistant supply
- Line Report(s): Logistic Assistant
- Functional Manager: -LogAdmin manager
- Functional Report(s): LogAdmin manager.
Ongoing Federal Government Recruitment for graduates
- Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority NSIA Recruitment 2021 For Graduates
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer
- Jobs In Nigeria at Saipem Contracting Nigeria Limited
- Job Vacancies at NAFOWA (Nigerian Air Force Officers’ Wives Association) Secondary School
- Technical Marketing Manager at Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc
- Finance Officer at Malteser International
Job Qualifications for Purchase Officer at Solidarites International
- Studies: Diploma in Logistics, Purchasing or Supply Chain Management
- Experience: Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar position with other INGO
- Qualification:Quick learner, Ability to work autonomously, Excellent organizational & negotiation skill, A good communicator, ability to prioritize and work with little supervision, team player, Flexible to meet deadlines.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly advised to apply.
- Languages: Fluent in spoken in English and Hausa
- Location: Resident of Gusau – Zamfara State (position not open to delocalization)
- IT: Good knowledge of MS Office Word, Power Point, and Advance MS Office Excel knowledge
What We Offer
Salary + Transport& housing contributions + social benefits (medical coverage, 24 days of Annual leaves per year, compassionate leaves, public holidays as announced by government, festive bonus, Life insurance – covering death and permanent disability) etc.
How to Apply for Purchase Officer at Solidarites International
Interested and qualified candidates should submit hard copies of their applications (CV and motivation letter only) at the address below:
Gada Biyu, Zanna Road,
Opposite A.A Gusau House,
Gusau, Zamfara State.
Click here to apply
- Select Purchase Officer, fill the form and attach your CV and motivation letter.
- The CV attached must be named with the applicants’ first name and surname
Application Deadline for Purchase Officer at Solidarites International 21st September, 2021.