There was commotion at the Neuro-Psychiatric Specialist Hospital, Akure, Ondo State, on Thursday, as Folorunsho Olawale, a psychiatric patient, went berserk and attacked some nurses on duty. Olawale, who damaged the medical equipment at the hospital, also beat up the Chief Medical Director (CMD), Dr. Akinwumi Akinloye, into a coma. Not less than four nurses, including a consultant, Dr. Sunday Sajo, and medical workers at the hospital, were injured during the rampage.
The mentally-sick patient, who had been at the psychiatric hospital for two weeks, was brought to the facility by the Police for re-examination. It was gathered that Olawale had walked into a police station in Akure to confess being among those who murdered Khadijat Oluboyo, daughter of ex-Ondo State Deputy Governor, Lasisi Oluboyo.
A source revealed that this prompted police authorities to move the “mentally derailed” boy to a psychiatric hospital as part of the ongoing investigation in the murder Khadijat. It was learned that trouble started inside the psychiatric hospital when Olawale became aggressive on the bed, and some of the nurses tried to administer injection on him.
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- Massive Recruitment in an Indigenous Non-profit and Non-governmental Organization
- Massive Job Recruitment at GPC Energy and Logistics Limited
- Massive Job Recruitment in a Leading Group of Companies
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- Massive recruitment at Achievers University for Academic and Non-Academic Staff ( 106 Slots )
- Ends Soon : Greenwich Merchant Bank (GMB) Graduate Trainee Program (GGTP4.0) 2021
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)