Première Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious worldwide support organization. Our groups are dedicated to supporting civilians’ victims of marginalization and exclusion, or hit by pure disasters, wars and financial collapses, by answering their elementary wants. Our purpose is to supply emergency reduction to uprooted people to be able to assist them recuperate their dignity and regain self-sufficiency.
The PUI Nigerian Mission has been formally opened in April 2016, with a deal with assembly pressing wants, together with enhancing entry to meals commodities, main well being care and diet for Internally Displaced People (IDP) and host communities (HC) dwelling in Maiduguri Metropolitan Council (MMC). The progressive sectorial widening allowed PUI to begin implementing an built-in strategy from 2017 in meals security, livelihoods, and diet and well being sectors, with the help of ECHO, FFP, OFDA and CIAA/CDC, in keeping with PUI’s international technique.
In mid-2018, PUI has developed its complete response by including Protection and Community Outreach (PCO) actions to the present applications in Bolori II. In 2018, PUI has additionally scaled up its intervention with the opening of Monguno LGA base, with the principle aims of lowering morbidity and mortality of essentially the most weak inhabitants and selling safety amongst the entire affected group. This opening in Monguno allowed PUI to achieve the weak inhabitants in Kukawa and Cross Kauwa LGA.
Ongoing Protection actions in each the 2 areas of intervention embody safety monitoring, data dissemination and consciousness elevating via community-based strategy, inner and exterior referrals, and provision of Individual Protection Assistance (IPA) and Safe Space actions for males, boys, girls and women.
Furthermore, in 2020-2021 PUI Protection Department is formally launching a GBV Case Management System in each Maiduguri and Monguno which is able to additional strengthen PUI’s response to safety wants.
We are recruiting to fill the place under:
Job Title: Protection Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Contract Start Date: twenty fourth Fenruary 2021
Contract End Date: thirty first July, 2021
- Under the direct supervision of the Protection and Community Outreach (PCO) supervisor, the PCO Officer will help the administration of the Community Outreach Workers’ Network and Protection Volunteers in Bolori II ward of Maiduguri.
- S/he will probably be liable for creating, implementing and monitoring safety and group outreach actions in compliance with work plans, donor laws and PUI insurance policies, and can be certain that safety rules are mainstreamed in all sectoral applications of PUI.
- S/he’ll play a key function in growing group information and entry to companies whereas strengthening PUI information of and acceptance inside the group.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Identify the Community Outreach Workers (COWs) and Protection Volunteers (PVs) within the areas assigned within the challenge intervention
- Provide capacity-building and trainings to COWs and PVs on thematic of safety (together with Child safety, GBV, Protection mainstreaming, confidentiality of safety knowledge)
- Ensure high quality companies respecting “Do no harm” and confidentiality rules are offered by COWs and PVs on the sector Support efficient group engagement and group enter into program actions and design via shut contact and construction actions
- Proactively search to evaluate people who’ve been missed out from help, comparable to marginalized group members, new arrivals or households whose scenario has out of the blue deteriorated Ensure safety is mainstreamed in all PUI Programs at the sector and safety circumstances and issues are well timed referred and addressed
- Responsible of the all group outreach interventions and actions outlined, s/he develops and follows up on the work plan along with the PCO Supervisor Support and contribute to the sector evaluation, knowledge assortment and storage in a database, report writing and share group suggestions and issues
- Report instantly any problem or delay confronted within the implementation of actions to the direct supervisor.
- Represent PUI at anytime and wherever when s/he’s in responsibility.
- Participate in group occasions and conferences and lead the organization of consciousness classes and workshops at group degree and within the Safe areas Build and keep relationships with exterior companions, group leaders (particularly Bulamas), group committees and different stakeholders
- Ensure the identification, inner/exterior referrals and follow-up of safety circumstances, malnutrition circumstances and circumstances with pressing wants Develop acceptable key messages and IEC supplies and be certain that they’re disseminated among the many group
- Disseminate related and significant data concerning the rights of individuals of concern and companies obtainable within the space to be able to improve entry to companies
- Supervise Community Outreach Workers/PVs and make sure the well timed implementation of their actions
- Coordinate the work of COWs/PVs: work plans, progress towards targets, and frequency of submitting collected knowledge.
- Support COWs/PVs in enhancing their performance.
- Routine area visits to observe COWs/PVs actions.
- Continuously gather suggestions from COWs/PVs and make sure the communication to the PCO Supervisor.
- Ensure that COWs/PVs have the mandatory data on the referral system and offered companies and correctly perceive the actions to be applied within the framework of the challenge
- Ensure coordination with PUI Staff and stakeholders regarding group intervention actions.
Logistic & Administration:
- Define the wants in supplies and instruments required to conduct trainings and outreach actions
- Organize and coordinate coaching classes: venue, attendees, and help supplies
Reporting & Data Collection:
- Collect, analyze, retailer in a database and report data acquired from COWs (households surveys, FGDs, consciousness classes…)
- Collect, analyze, retailer in a database and report data on recognized safety circumstances and referrals
- Identify the variety of assessed people by the COWs progress in the direction of assigned goal
- Document and report coaching classes and suggestions from members
- Responsible of compiling and reporting to the direct superior knowledge on a weekly, month-to-month, quarter and annual foundation or upon request.
- The duties and duties outlined on this emptiness are non-exhaustive and might evolve relying on the challenge’s wants.
Priorities of the Department
- Ensure a steady grasp on the inhabitants wants and vulnerabilities and strengthen pui reactivity responding to rising humanitarian wants
- Reinforce pui built-in strategy via the set-up of strong inner referral pathways (with diet, well being, meals security, MHPSS and accountability groups)
- Provide an acceptable help to recognized malnutrition circumstances, safety circumstances and circumstances with pressing wants via inner and exterior referral pathways.
The duties and duties outlined on this emptiness are non-exhaustive and might evolve relying on the challenge’s wants.
- Certificate of Secondary Education in Social Science / Development Studies / Political Science or associated area or Certificate of Secondary Education with at least 1 year related expertise within the area
- Qualification in safety area is an asset
- Proven expertise working in ngos.
- Proven expertise in safety monitoring preferable
- Good command in english (talking, studying & writing)
- Fluent in native languages – Hausa and Kanuri.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Good information of group outreach, group mobilization and safety
- Experience in conducting trainings, consciousness classes and surveys/assessments
- Ability to oversee groups
- Excellent communication abilities (particularly in public) and diplomacy abilities to handle relationship in doubtlessly tense scenario.
- Good information of the MS workplace software program together with Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint
- Commitment to the NGO values and rules.
- Working In Humanitarian Relief, Interest For Social Issues.
- Strong motivation to assist people in want
- Well organized and exhausting employee
- Able to handle stress and strain
- Knowledge of worldwide authorized devices associated to safety (IHL/IHRL), IDP guiding rules, SPHERE requirements, safety mainstreaming
- Knowledge or earlier expertise in Health and/or Nutrition is an asset.
- Conflict decision and diplomacy abilities
- Ability to adapt or change priorities in accordance with the altering scenario inside a mission or the organization itself
- Understanding of the political scenario within the space
- Ability to research and counsel enhancements of the actions
How to Apply
Interested and certified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline sixteenth February, 2021.
Some of the favored queries people used to seek out this Job Vacancies are kindly famous down. See the queries under:
Naija Recruitment News Today , Current Recruitment in Nigeria, Latest Recruitment in Nigeria, Nigerian Jobs , Todays jobs in Nigeria, Hot Nigerian Jobs, Latest Jobs in Nigeria, Nigerian Jobs Online, Vacancies in Nigeria, Nigeria Job Today, Nigeria Hot Jobs, Latest Jobs Vacancy in Nigeria Today , Latest Job Offers in Nigeria ,Jobs in Nigeria Now, Hotnigerianjobs, Jobzilla Nigeria, Myjobmag Nigeria, Naija Hot Jobs Vacancies, Jobs in Nigeria Today.
Latest Jobs in Nigeria Now
- Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority (NSIA) Graduate Programme 2022
- Nigeria Police Recruitment Portal 2022 Open for Applications
- Nigerian Navy Recruitment 2022 Exercise for SSCE, OND, NCE Application Guidelines
- INEC Recruitment for Observers
- INEC Adhoc Staff Recruitment Portal 2022 for 2023 Election | INEC Recruitment Portal login 2022