Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious worldwide help organization. Our groups are dedicated to supporting civilians’ victims of marginalization and exclusion, or hit by pure disasters, wars and financial collapses, by answering their elementary wants. Our purpose is to supply emergency aid to uprooted people to be able to assist them recuperate their dignity and regain self-sufficiency.
We are recruiting to fill the place under:
Job Title: Protection Officer
Location: Monguno, Borno
Contract Duration: 8 months
Expected Contract Start Date: 07/12/2020
The PUI Nigerian Mission has been formally opened in April 2016, with a deal with assembly pressing wants, together with enhancing entry to meals commodities, major well being care and diet for Internally Displaced People (IDP) and host communities (HC) dwelling in Maiduguri Metropolitan Council (MMC).
The progressive sectorial widening allowed PUI to begin implementing an built-in strategy from 2017 in meals security, livelihoods, diet and well being sectors, with the help of ECHO, FFP, OFDA and CIAA/CDC, according to PUI’s world technique. From the launch of the well being care companies in February 2017 to the top of April 2018, a complete of 119,913 OPD consultations had been reached in Bolori II, whereas greater than 60.000 beneficiaries have been reached by our money venture.
In mid-2018, PUI has developed its complete response by including Protection and Community Outreach (PCO) actions to the prevailing packages in Bolori II. In the month of October 2018 solely, greater than 3.500 households have acquired door to door go to from the PCO group. In 2018, PUI has additionally scaled up its intervention with the opening of Monguno LGA base, with the primary aims of decreasing morbidity and mortality of probably the most susceptible inhabitants and selling safety amongst the entire affected neighborhood.
This opening in Monguno allowed PUI to succeed in the susceptible inhabitants in Kukawa, Kroskawa, Gana-ali, Waterboard, Veterinary, Algon(Kya Camp).
- Under the direct supervision of the Protection (PCO) supervisor, the PCO Officer will help the setup and administration of a Community Outreach Workers’ Network in Monguno.
- S / he will likely be accountable for growing, implementing and monitoring safety and neighborhood outreach actions, in compliance with work plans, donor laws and PUI insurance policies, and can make sure that safety rules are mainstreamed in all sectoral packages of PUI.
- S / he’ll play a key function in rising neighborhood information and entry to companies whereas strengthening PUI information of and acceptance throughout the neighborhood.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Identify the Community Outreach Workers (COWs) within the areas assigned within the venture intervention
- Provide capacity-building and trainings to COWs on thematic of safety (together with CP, GBV, safety mainstreaming, confidentiality of safety information)
- Ensure high quality companies respecting “Do no harm” and confidentiality rules are supplied by COWs on the sector
- Support efficient neighborhood engagement and neighborhood enter into program actions and design by way of shut contact and construction actions
- Participate in neighborhood occasions and conferences and lead the organization of consciousness classes and workshops
- Ensure safety is mainstreamed in all PUI Programs at the sector and safety circumstances and considerations are well timed referred and addressed
- Responsible of the all neighborhood outreach interventions and actions outlined, s/he develops and follows up on the work plan along with the PCO Supervisor
- Support and contribute to the sector evaluation, information assortment and storage in a database, report writing and share neighborhood suggestions and considerations
- Report instantly any problem or delay confronted within the implementation of actions to the direct supervisor. – Represent PUI at anytime and wherever when s/he’s in responsibility
- Build and preserve relationships with exterior companions, neighborhood leaders (particularly Bulamas), neighborhood committees and different stakeholders
- Ensure the identification, inner/exterior referrals and follow-up of safety circumstances, malnutrition circumstances and circumstances with pressing wants
- Develop applicable key messages and IEC supplies and make sure that they’re disseminated among the many neighborhood
- Disseminate related and significant data concerning the rights of individuals of concern and companies out there within the space to be able to improve entry to companies and rights.
- Proactively search to evaluate people who’ve been missed out from help, equivalent to marginalized communities, new arrivals or households whose state of affairs has all of the sudden deteriorated.
- Supervise Community Outreach Workers and make sure the well timed implementation of their actions
- Coordinate the work of COWs: work plans, progress towards targets, and frequency of submitting collected information.
- Ensure coordination with PUI Staff and stakeholders regarding neighborhood intervention actions.
- Support COWs in enhancing their performance.
- Routine subject visits to observe COWs actions.
- Continuously gather suggestions from COWs and make sure the communication to the PCO Supervisor.
- Ensure that COWs have the mandatory data on the referral system and supplied companies and correctly perceive the actions to be applied within the framework of the venture
Logistic & Administration:
- Define the wants in supplies and instruments required to conduct trainings and outreach actions.
- Organize and coordinate coaching classes: venue, attendees, and help supplies.
- Reporting & Data Collection:
- Identify the variety of assessed people by the COWs progress in direction of assigned goal.
- Document and report coaching classes and suggestions from members.
- Responsible of compiling and reporting to the direct superior information on a weekly, month-to-month, quarter and annual foundation or upon request.
- Collect, analyze, retailer in a database and report data acquired from COWs (households surveys, FGDs, consciousness classes…)
- Collect, analyze, retailer in a database and report data on recognized safety circumstances and referrals
NB: The duties and tasks outlined on this job description are non-exhaustive and might evolve relying on the venture’s wants.
Priorities of the Department:
- Set up the neighborhood outreach community within the assigned catchment space supported by PUI
- Ensure a steady grasp on the inhabitants wants and vulnerabilities and strengthen PUI reactivity responding to rising humanitarian wants
- Reinforce PUI built-in strategy by way of the set-up of strong inner referral pathways (with diet, well being, meals security and accountability groups)
- Provide applicable help to recognized malnutrition circumstances, safety circumstances and circumstances with pressing wants by way of inner and exterior referral pathways
- Certificate of secondary training in Social Science / Development Studies / Political Science or associated subject or certificates of secondary training with at least 1 year related expertise within the subject.
- Qualification in safety subject an asset
- Proven expertise working in INGOs or NGOs.
- Minimum of two years expertise in safety
Knowledge and Skills:
- Good information of neighborhood outreach, neighborhood mobilization and safety
- Excellent expertise in conducting trainings, consciousness classes and surveys / assessments
- Ability to oversee groups
- Excellent communication (particularly in public) and diplomacy abilities to handle relationship in a doubtlessly tense state of affairs
- Good command in English (talking, studying & writing)
- Fluent in native languages – Hausa and Kanuri
- Good information of the MS workplace software program together with Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint
- Strong motivation to assist people in want
- Able to handle stress and stress
- Knowledge of worldwide authorized devices associated to safety (IHL/IHRL), IDP guiding rules, SPHERE requirements, safety mainstreaming
- Knowledge or earlier expertise in Health and / or Nutrition is an asset
- Conflict decision and diplomacy abilities
- Ability to adapt or change priorities based on the altering state of affairs inside a mission or the organization
- Understanding of the political state of affairs within the space
- Ability to research and counsel enhancements of the actions
- Well organized and arduous employee
How to Apply
Interested and certified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Open for Nigeria Nationals solely
- Qualified feminine candidates are strongly inspired to use
Application Deadline twentieth November, 2020.
HOT JOBS RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- 2020 Graduate Trainee Programme at Dufil Prima Foods Plc
- LGA Coordinators at Development Alternatives Incorporated ( Nationwide)
- Federal Government Vacancies at The Federal University of Petroleum
- Resources, Effurun (FUPRE)
- National Health Insurance Scheme Recruitment 2020 ( Nationwide 16 Positions)
- Academic and Non-academic Positions at Caleb University
- Massive Recruitment at Federal University of Health Sciences Otukpo for Teaching And Non Teaching Staff
- Stanbic IBTC Bank Graduate Trainee Program 2021
- Bank of Industry Recruitment ( Latest Jobs In Nigeria )
- Rivers State Civil Service Commission Massive Job Recruitment 2020 (60 Positions)
- Graduate Management Trainee Recruitment 2020 at Food Concepts Plc
- Rivers State Ministry of Education MassiveRecruitment 2020 for Teaching and Non-Teaching Staff
- Massive Recruitment at Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospitals
- Dangote Refinery Recruitment 2020 for Exper Graduates [ 9 Positions, 29 slots ]
- Dangote Cement Plc Recruitment 2020 for Graduates [33 Positions Over 200 Slots ]