Action Against Hunger is the world’s starvation specialist and chief in a world motion that goals to finish life-threatening starvation for good inside our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and improvement organization has been on the entrance strains, treating and stopping starvation throughout almost 50 international locations. It served greater than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the place of:
Job Title: Protection and Gender Officer
Location: Bade, Yobe
Employment Type: Full time
Experience: Mid Level
Company Overview & Job Description
Action Against Hunger (Action Contre la Faim – ACF) started operations in Nigeria in 2010 in response to the excessive charge of power malnutrition in Northern Nigeria, specializing in built-in programming and wanting at the Nutrition for kids, pregnant and lactating moms. In 2011, we expanded our work to start implementing diet improvement initiatives in Jigawa and in Yobe. Following the crises in Northeast Nigeria, we additional expanded our operations in Borno State in 2014 in response to the disaster to deal with the Nutrition, Health, Food security & livelihoods, WASH, and shelter wants of conflict-affected communities. We are operational in 11 Local Government Areas of Borno, 12 in Yobe and 3 in Jigawa.
Action Against Hunger Nigeria Mission is in search of a Protection and Gender Officer to affix our group in our Bade workplace, Yobe State. The Protection and Gender Officer will lead the implementation of gender equality and social safety together with mainstreaming initiatives and methods.
- Leads and conduct gender evaluation, technical research, assessments on Gender in fast response mechanism (RRM) initiatives.
- Provides technical enter on Gender Mainstreaming and/or coordinate technical help on gender-sensitive and inclusive programming in WASH, Nutrition, and humanitarian safety sectors with related sector specialists if required;
- Ensures that undertaking actions are carried out with an inclusive lens, cultural sensitivity, promotes gender equality and inclusion of marginalised teams;
- Works with area groups to make sure entry and participation of ladies, males, ladies and boys at threat to Action Against Hunger’s response, restoration and rehabilitation work.
- Takes lead within the improvement of gender mainstreaming work plans within the implementation of all undertaking actions within the LGA in collaboration and coordination with different sectors.
- Leads in integrating gender into MEAL processes in operation areas; setting of particular indicators for course of monitoring and observe up that, advising group in getting gender-specific data thorough spot monitoring and Post Distribution Monitoring (PDM) course of ;
- Initiates modern documentation course of to seize studying and modifications, help group to acquire intercourse, age and different disaggregating information ;
- Conduct capability assessments and facilitate capability constructing for the undertaking groups to reinforce their motivation and efficient implementation of gender methods.
- Ensures identification and satisfaction of coaching wants for the undertaking employees on related requirements and devices for gender equality and humanitarian safety.
- Designs and implements demand-driven programme approaches and methodologies aiming in the direction of capability constructing, working in partnerships, coverage evaluation and advocacy.
- Develops and facilitates capability constructing packages on gender sensitivity and gender mainstreaming, in addition to gender points pertaining to gender advocacy.
- Lead initiatives monitoring and reporting on gender equality and mainstreaming points at the LGA degree.
- Local illustration for AAH and coordination with different stakeholders throughout the intervention space
- Supports native stakeholders in organizing and finishing up advocacy and marketing campaign for better gender equality and fairness in humanitarian safety programmes.
- Engages with state and native ladies’s rights organizations and mobilize collective voice round gender discrimination within the post-conflict setting.
- Proactively ensures Protection and Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) measures and reporting mechanism are in place and increase consciousness amongst groups, undertaking stakeholders and neighborhood.
- Provides orientation periods to neighborhood stakeholders, together with camp and host neighborhood leaders to extend understanding of gender and safety wants of beneficiaries.
- Degree in Public Health, Social Sciences, Gender Studies, or any associated area
- At least 2-3 years’ expertise in design, improvement and administration of gender Equality in social protections programme together with a minimal of 1 year in a area coordination position
- Experience in Gender Programming
- Demonstrated expertise of conducting trainings, and offering capability constructing to native companions and beneficiaries on gender points;
- Resilience, flexibility and adaptability to work efficiently underneath demanding situations;
- A excessive degree of social-cultural sensitivity when coping with colleagues, companions and beneficiaries.
- Excellent interpersonal abilities, together with diplomacy and tact, so as to have the ability to liaise successfully; with a variety of stakeholders, together with NGO companions, neighborhood leaders and authorities officers;
- User degree pc literacy (Office Package, Outlook, and many others.)
- Willingness to journey and reside in rural, distant and insecure areas in Yobe.
- Deep understanding of guiding ideas of Gender equality points within the Northeast Nigeria and Adult Training methods
- Well-developed information and understanding of safety ideas, gender mainstreaming and ladies’s rights, in areas of early restoration and resilience constructing ;
- Well-developed analytical and strategic planning abilities with the flexibility to affect the broader programme technique;
Minimum Basic Salary & Other Benefits
- 260,244 Naira month-to-month.
- Other advantages embody however not restricted to 100% well being care protection, 24 days paid go away per year, free and direct entry to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
How to Apply
Interested and certified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Action Against Hunger offers Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all workers and candidates for employment with out regard to race, color, faith, intercourse, nationwide origin, age, incapacity or genetics
Application Deadline twenty second February, 2021.
Some of the favored queries people used to search out this Job Vacancies are kindly famous down. See the queries under:
Naija Recruitment News Today , Current Recruitment in Nigeria, Latest Recruitment in Nigeria, Nigerian Jobs , Todays jobs in Nigeria, Hot Nigerian Jobs, Latest Jobs in Nigeria, Nigerian Jobs Online, Vacancies in Nigeria, Nigeria Job Today, Nigeria Hot Jobs, Latest Jobs Vacancy in Nigeria Today , Latest Job Offers in Nigeria ,Jobs in Nigeria Now, Hotnigerianjobs, Jobzilla Nigeria, Myjobmag Nigeria, Naija Hot Jobs Vacancies, Jobs in Nigeria Today.
Hot Nigerian Jobs 🔥
- Wema Bank Plc Recruitment 2021 for Retail Relationship Management Officers
- Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN Recruitment 2021 ) of Independent Infrastructure Asset Manager
- 2021 Massive Recruitment at the Management Sciences for Health
- Massive Graduate Management Trainee Recruitment 2021 at Food Concepts Plc
- 2021 Massive Recruitment at 9mobile
- Polaris Bank Entry Level Graduate Recruitment 2021 (Nationwide)
- Nigerian Air Force Recruitment 2021 for Airmen / Airwomen
- Nigerian Army 2021 Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Trades/Non Tradesmen & Women (81RRI)
- WAEC Recruitment 2021 ( West Africa Examination Council, WAEC 2021 Recruitment )
- Massive Recruitment at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
From Ejes Gist Nigeria
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s opinion, they do not reflect the views of the Publisher of EJES GIST NIGERIA. Please report any fake news , misinformation or defamatory statements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Guides For Jobs
Federal Government Agencies
(Check Updates & Current Status of Federal Government Job Recruitment Form)
Jobs in Nigeria by State