Property Worth Millions Of Naira Destroyed As Fire Guts Residential Building In Ilorin

0
Property Worth Millions Of Naira Destroyed

 

A six-bedroom flat belonging to Alhaja Kadijat Suleiman was destroyed by fire in Ilorin, the capital of Kwara State, on Friday.

The fire at Binuyo Compound, off Sabo Line, Isale Maliki area of Ilorin, was prevented from spreading further by the timely intervention of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps’ Disaster Management Unit and men from the Kwara State Fire Service.

Nigeria Customs Service Massive Recruitment. ( Apply Here)

Read Also : Christmas Tragedy: 7 Die As Luxury Bus Conveying 63 Persons Lose Control In Ogun

According to eyewitness accounts, the fire completely destroyed Alhaja Khadijat Sulaiman’s six-bedroom flat, with in the blaze.

The spokesman for the NSCDC in the state, Babawale Zaid Afolabi, confirmed the incident to newsmen in Ilorin on Friday, explaining that the fire was reportedly caused by an electric spark, which was largely due to substandard cable used during the building’s electrical connection.

“Our Disaster Management Unit officers and state fire service men responded quickly and were able to prevent the fire from spreading to nearby buildings,” Babawale said.

MORE POSTS

Ejes Gist News telegram

Hot Jobs, Apply Now !! 

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.