Programme Support Officer at the International Organization for Migration
The International Organization for Migration (IOM) – Established in 1951, IOM is the main inter-governmental organization in the subject of migration and works intently with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental companions. IOM is devoted to selling humane and orderly migration for the good thing about all. It does so by offering companies and recommendation to governments and migrants.
We are recruiting to fill the place beneath:
Job Title: Programme Support Officer (P2)
Requisition: SVN 2021 03
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Classification: Professional Staff, Grade P2
Type of Appointment: Special short-term graded, six months with chance of extension
Estimated Start Date: As quickly as attainable
- Under the general supervision of the Head of Sub-Office and the direct supervision of the Programme Coordinator (PSU Maiduguri), and in shut co-ordination with senior administration, assets administration and programme managers, the profitable candidate shall be helping with and contributing to the growth of recent tasks and the reporting on programmes in Maiduguri.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Draft and overview of normal progress reports consistent with IOM and donor necessities.
- Contribute to IOM Nigeria state of affairs reports, overview and edit factsheets, and different data and visibility merchandise, in coordination with the program items.
- Support the Programme Coordinator (PSU) in challenge growth. Analyse potential funding alternatives, draft challenge proposals and idea notes.
- Support grants administration by following up on the operational, administrative, and monetary facets of recent and ongoing tasks, together with activation, processing, endorsement, records-keeping and submissions consistent with exterior/inside necessities. Maintain correct and pertinent information of all correspondence, challenge growth and reporting recordsdata, and administration data. Ensure correct administration of proposals and reports in IOMs digital Project Information and Management Application (PRIMA).
- In coordination with the Programme Coordinator (PSU Maiduguri) and Public Information Officer, produce visibility supplies for publicity to appeal to donors for useful resource mobilization by recommending content material and finishing up enhancing. Support in documenting ongoing challenge actions by pictures and multimedia displays.
- Provide common administrative and technical help in the preparation and organization of conferences, conferences, trainings and different occasions.
- Perform different duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s Degree in International Development, International Relations, Humanitarian Affairs or a associated subject from an accredited tutorial establishment, with two years of related skilled expertise; or
- University Degree in the above fields with 4 years of related skilled expertise.
- Demonstrated work expertise with worldwide organizations, non-governmental or governmental establishments/organizations, in a multi-cultural setting;
- Demonstrated expertise in challenge growth, donor liaison and reporting actions;
- Demonstrated expertise in programme and challenge administration together with price range planningand monitoring is a bonus;
- Experience in the space of humanitarian service supply is a bonus.
- Ability to imagine duty and demonstrates steady dedication in delivering and assembly targets;
- Ability to successfully and independently prioritise duties to fulfill deadlines and work in a fast-paced and altering surroundings;
- Effectively and professionally coordinates actions with colleagues, companions, native authorities, and different stakeholders to advance nation workplace or regional targets.
- IOM’s official languages are English, French, and Spanish.
- For this place, fluency in English is required (oral and written). Working data of French and Spanish is a bonus.
- Proficiency of language(s) required shall be particularly evaluated throughout the choice course of, which can embody written and/or oral assessments.
Accredited Universities are the ones listed in the UNESCO World Higher Education Database (https://whed.net/home.php).
Values – all IOM employees members should abide by and show these three values:
- Inclusion and respect for range: respects and promotes particular person and cultural variations; encourages range and inclusion wherever attainable.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains excessive moral requirements and acts in a way in line with organizational rules/guidelines and requirements of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates means to work in a composed, competent and dedicated method and workouts cautious judgment in assembly day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators degree 2:
- Teamwork: develops and promotes efficient collaboration inside and throughout items to attain shared targets and optimize outcomes.
- Delivering outcomes: produces and delivers high quality leads to a service-oriented and well timed method; is action-oriented and dedicated to reaching agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing data: constantly seeks to be taught, share data and innovate.
- Accountability: takes possession for reaching the Organization’s priorities and assumes duty for personal motion and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains advanced issues in an informative, inspiring and motivational means.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators degree 2:
- Leadership: gives a transparent sense of course, leads by instance and demonstrates the means to hold out the organization’s imaginative and prescient; assists others to understand and develop their potential.
- Empowering others & constructing belief: creates an environment of belief and an enabling surroundings the place employees can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Strategic pondering and imaginative and prescient: works strategically to understand the Organization’s targets and communicates a transparent strategic course.
IOM’s competency framework will be discovered at this hyperlink: https://www.iom.int/sites/default/files/about-iom/iom_revised_competency…
Competencies shall be assessed throughout a competency-based interview.
- Internationally recruited skilled employees are required to be cellular.
- Any provide made to the candidate in relation to this emptiness discover is topic to funding affirmation.
- This choice course of could also be used to employees related positions in numerous obligation stations. Recommended candidates will stay eligible to be appointed in an analogous place for a interval of 24 months.
- The record of NMS nations above contains all IOM Member States that are non-represented in the Professional Category of employees members. For this employees class, candidates who’re nationals of the obligation station’s nation can’t be thought-about eligible.
- Appointment shall be topic to certification that the candidate is medically match for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa necessities, and security clearances.
How to Apply
Interested and certified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline twenty first January, 2021
- No late purposes shall be accepted.
- IOM solely accepts duly accomplished purposes submitted by the IOM e-Recruitment system. The on-line instrument additionally permits candidates to trace the standing of their application.
- Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
- For additional data please check with: www.iom.int/recruitment
- IOM doesn’t cost a payment at any stage of its recruitment course of (application, interview, processing, coaching or different charges). IOM doesn’t request any data associated to financial institution accounts.
[sc_fs_job html = ‘true’ title = ‘ Programme Support Officer at the International Organization for Migration ( Latest Job Vacancies in Nigeria Today ) ‘ title_tag = ‘h2’ valid_through = ‘2021-12-31’ employment_type = ‘FULL_TIME’ company_name = ‘Jobs in Nigeria Today ‘ same_as = ” logo_id = ” street_address = ‘Any City’ address_locality = ‘ Maiduguri, Borno’ address_region = ‘Maiduguri, Borno’ postal_code = ‘234’ address_country = ‘Nigeria’ currency_code = ‘NGN’ quantitative_value = ‘85000.00-250000.00’ base_salary = ‘HOUR’ css_class = ” ] Apply for Programme Support Officer at the International Organization for Migration [/sc_fs_job] Job Vacancies in Nigeria 2020 for Graduates. Hot Nigerian Jobs
todays jobs in Nigeria, Hot Nigerian Jobs, Latest jobs in Nigeria, Nigerian Jobs Online, Nigeria Vacancies, Nigeria Job Today, Nigeria Hot Jobs, Latest Jobs Vacancy in Nigeria, Jobs Sites in Nigeria, Programme Support Officer at the International Organization for Migration
Nigerian Job [Apply Now]
- Access Bank Entry Level Recruitment & Internship Job Vacancies (4 Positions)
- KDSG Teachers Recruitment of 10,000 Graduates : How to Apply, KDSG Jobs Login Portal, KDSG SUBEB News
- FBN General Insurance Graduate Trainee Massive Recruitment
- Nigerian Navy Recruitment 2022 Exercise for SSCE, OND, NCE Application Guidelines