Helen Keller International combats the causes and penalties of blindness and malnutrition by establishing applications based mostly on proof and analysis in imaginative and prescient, well being and diet.
We are recruiting to fill the place under:
Job Title: Program Associate
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports: Program Officer / M&E Lead
- Under the supervision of the Program / M&E Lead, the Program Associate helps the implementation, monitoring and analysis of Helen Keller Nigeria’s diet applications and initiatives in Adamawa state in accordance with nationwide protocols and insurance policies.
- Liaise with the diet unit of the State Ministry of Health (SMOH) or State Primary Health Care Development Agencies (SPHCDA) and different related Ministries to develop costed diet strategic work-plans
- Train beneficiaries on Enhanced Homestead Food Production (EHFP) together with the availability of small agriculture inputs (like seeds, seedling and cuttings) to develop quite a lot of nutrient-rich meals crops similar to orange-fleshed candy potato, inexperienced leafy greens, yellow cassava (vitamin A cassava), vitamin A-enriched maize, and many others., at family and neighborhood ranges.
- Provide technical help in coaching beneficiaries on Community-led Management of Acute Malnutrition (CMAM), Mother-led Mid Upper Arm Circumference (MAUC) measurement together with energetic case identification, screening, and referral whereas working with native authorities, public well being service suppliers and neighborhood members to enhance entry to key companies for the administration and therapy of acute malnutrition
- Build the capability of mission beneficiaries in planning and implementing Infant and Young Child Feeding (IYCF) interventions together with selling Essential Nutrition Actions (ENA) and Essential Hygiene Actions (EHA)
- Work with households, well being employees and leaders in these communities to develop and implement a social conduct change communication (SBCC) technique to enhance IYCF practices (particularly on acceptable breastfeeding and complementary feeding) of moms of younger kids and guarantee satisfactory consumption of variety nutritious diets by adolescent women and pregnant and lactating ladies in chosen communities
- Support coaching on acceptable Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) practices and promote entry to scrub water amongst IDPs dwelling inside the host communities of Fufore LGA
- Facilitate program planning and evaluation conferences on all key nutrition-specific and nutrition-sensitive interventions being applied by this system (Enhanced Homestead Food Production, Community-led Management of Acute Malnutrition, Essential Nutrition Actions and Essential Hygiene Actions)
- Collaborate with companions to develop /roll out IEC / SBCC methods and instruments to help diet applications
- Assists the Program Officer to research, interpret and current program information in helpful codecs and disseminate findings to related stakeholders to advertise well timed decision making and course correction
- Contribute to and help the upkeep of an up to date information base of technical program reports together with website visits, month-to-month reports, quarterly and annual reports
- Support the capability constructing of diet program officers on related diet interventions
- Support the implementation of different related diet actions similar to vitamin A supplementation, meals fortification, wholesome life-style mission e.t.c.
- Maintain common communication with state diet program companions and different related stakeholders.
- Actively take part in key related nationwide and state degree diet technical boards
- Work carefully with State Nutrition Officers to strengthen technical reporting in accordance with outlined reporting schedule and program indicators
- Track program progress utilizing mutually agreed indicators, targets, and advocate remedial motion to maintain applications heading in the right direction
- Supports program monitoring and analysis and the implementation of baseline and end-line Knowledge, Attitude and Practice (KAP) surveys amongst mission beneficiaries
- Perform some other obligation as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nutrition or comparable associated discipline
- Minimum of three years’ expertise.
- Demonstrates sound technical information pertaining to job necessities.
- Prior expertise working within the fields of Enhanced Homestead Food Production, Essential Nutrition Actions (ENA) and Essential Hygiene Actions (EHA) and Community-led Management of Acute Malnutrition will likely be an added benefit.
- Ability to make use of pc software program (together with, at a minimal, the usual purposes in MS Office) and the web
- Ability to research and interpret program information utilizing SPSS statistical software program will likely be an added benefit
- The means to talk Hausa language is extremely fascinating and an added benefit.
- Demonstrated wonderful private integrity and confidentially.
- Able to work beneath strain, minimal supervision and in a position to meet up deadlines.
- Ability to work properly with others and to develop and preserve good working relationship with workers and different mission companions
- Excellent written and oral communication expertise, particularly by way of reporting.
How to Apply
Interested and certified candidates should send their complete Resume with a canopy letter as ONE MS Word doc to: firstname.lastname@example.org utilizing the place title as the topic of the e-mail.
Note: There aren’t any relocation allowances out there for this place
Application Deadline 5pm; nineteenth March, 2021.
Some of the favored queries people used to search out this Job Vacancies are kindly famous down. See the queries under: