Dear Compatriots of Delta State. In beginning this conversation series on the way forward for Delta State I cannot but again acknowledge that I need each and every Deltan to do some reflection on the subjects we discuss and give me your valuable insights as feedbaeck. That way the ideas of rescue from state capture which has impoverished many will rightly belong to each one of us.
How does a state go from being the shining light of Western Region, to one that poverty rules and desperation is etched unto the faces of citizens.
In the old Western Region which led Nigeria in innovation and people oriented pilicies the more admired entrepreneurs and civil servants were from the Midwest out of which today’s Delta is derived.
Our country may have gone through bad patches but Delta has no excuse being the home of many pooŕ.
My view of the way forward requires that we see reason together.
Very little of relatively singncant fiscal transfers that enter the state circulate in the state.
If the velocity of the money is such that it briefly touches a few more people, prosperity will visit many presently poor and consolidate with those thriving. But studies show that the monies enter state coffers and bolt out.
Secondly, Delta has
become barren of Corporate life. Most companies have moved from Delta.
Shell which was a live wire left Warri. Pan Ocean moved to Benin and many Manufacturers closed shop.
Have we asked why and sought a strategy for revival. These were the employers that paid our fellow compatriots the salaries which enabled them to live with dignity.
With population growth rates we have, not becoming obssessed with how we create jobs we will reap a whirlwind of anarchy.
God forbid. But prayer is not enough. We must work and pray.
A strategy for rapid growth and massive job creation should not depend on fiscal transfers. Its possibilities have to come from private sector investments in value chains of areas we have comparative advantaģe.
Nothing stops Delta from becoming a network of Industrial Parks linked by world class infrastrućture
Just look at what is happening with once laggard Ethiopia and fratricidaĺ Rwanda.
Delta must rise up again. But it will take you and I working together, to build a development focused state for our children and not one being defined
by excrsive partisanship and ethnic chauvinism. So let us arise and push to redeem Delta for our children.
- Lagos State Ministry of Health Recruitment For Graduates
- Massive Recruitment at the Enugu State Water Corporation
- Kwara State Civil Service Commission Massive Recruitment 2021
- Apply for Kwara State Internal Revenue Service Recruitment 2021 (KW-IRS Recruitment 2021)
- Air Peace Recruitment 2021 for Passenger Service Executives
- Nigerian Breweries Graduate Management Development Scheme 2021
- Recent Jobs in a Major Oil and Gas Company
- Sales Executive (Foods and Beverage) at Willers Solutions Limited
- Job Openings at West Africa Container Terminal
- Current Vacancies at Prime Montessori School
- Procurement and Logistics Officer at FHI 360
- Employment Opportunities at Great Nigeria Biscuit Company Limited
- Current Job Vacancies at Deutsche Partners Holdings
- Ongoing Recruitment at IpNX Nigeria Limited
- Latest Recruitment at Marriott International