Dear Compatriots of Delta State. In beginning this conversation series on the way forward for Delta State I cannot but again acknowledge that I need each and every Deltan to do some reflection on the subjects we discuss and give me your valuable insights as feedbaeck. That way the ideas of rescue from state capture which has impoverished many will rightly belong to each one of us.
How does a state go from being the shining light of Western Region, to one that poverty rules and desperation is etched unto the faces of citizens.
In the old Western Region which led Nigeria in innovation and people oriented pilicies the more admired entrepreneurs and civil servants were from the Midwest out of which today's Delta is derived.
Our country may have gone through bad patches but Delta has no excuse being the home of many pooŕ.
My view of the way forward requires that we see reason together.
Very little of relatively singncant fiscal transfers that enter the state circulate in the state.
If the velocity of the money is such that it briefly touches a few more people, prosperity will visit many presently poor and consolidate with those thriving. But studies show that the monies enter state coffers and bolt out.
Secondly, Delta has
become barren of Corporate life. Most companies have moved from Delta.
Shell which was a live wire left Warri. Pan Ocean moved to Benin and many Manufacturers closed shop.
Have we asked why and sought a strategy for revival. These were the employers that paid our fellow compatriots the salaries which enabled them to live with dignity.
With population growth rates we have, not becoming obssessed with how we create jobs we will reap a whirlwind of anarchy.
God forbid. But prayer is not enough. We must work and pray.
A strategy for rapid growth and massive job creation should not depend on fiscal transfers. Its possibilities have to come from private sector investments in value chains of areas we have comparative advantaģe.
Nothing stops Delta from becoming a network of Industrial Parks linked by world class infrastrućture
Just look at what is happening with once laggard Ethiopia and fratricidaĺ Rwanda.
Delta must rise up again. But it will take you and I working together, to build a development focused state for our children and not one being defined
by excrsive partisanship and ethnic chauvinism. So let us arise and push to redeem Delta for our children.
QUICK SEARCH FOR JOBS IN YOUR FIELD
- Supreme Court takes decision on PDP’s INEC server claim
- EFCC denies raiding Akinwunmi Ambode’s residence
- I will lift not less than 100 million Nigerians from poverty – Buhari Boast
- Angry ‘side chick’ burns down the house of her ‘boo’ after he called her for intimacy at 4am but slept off before she arrived
- Miracle !! Woman Alleged kidney stones Patient gave birth to triplets
DON’T GIVE UP HUNTING FOR JOB
HOT JOBS, RECOMMEND FOR YOU
- NIGERIA SECURITY AND CIVIL DEFENCE CORPS 2019 Massive Recruitment
- National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) Recruitment 2019
- Dangote Cement Plc, Recruitment 8th August 2019
- Dangote Refinery Recruitment 2019: Latest Vacancies ( 4 Slots )
- IROKO TV Partners Limited massive recruitment for Outbound Telesales Agents (500 slots )
- Edo State Government 2019 Apprenticeship Programme
- Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) recruitment for Observers in Kogi and Bayelsa States, August 2019
- Kaduna State Government 2019 Massive Recruitment for Entry-level & Exp
- Entry Level Bank Tellers recruitment in a Reputable Bank in Lagos, August 2019
- Entry Level Recruitment at UBA Bank, 1st August, 2019
- Ongoing Recruitment For Customer Service Representatives In A Renowned Commercial Bank ( Nationwide )
- Massive Recruitment at Titan Trust Bank Limited, (18 Positions )
- Julius Berger Nigeria Plc : Latest Recruitment
- First Bank of Nigeria 2019 Recruitment for 19th, July 2019 [ 8 Position ]
FEDERAL GOVERNMENT JOBS
JOBS BY CATEGORIES
- Abia State 11
- ABUJA FCT 35
- Adamawa State 16
- Akwa Ibom State 14
- Anambra State 12
- Apprenticeship training 3
- Banking Industry 29
- Bauchi State 9
- Bayelsa State 10
- Benue State 9
- Borno State 16
- Career Tips 7
- Construction Company 9
- Contract Job 6
- Cross River State 13
- Delta State 12
- Ebonyi State 12
- Edo State 16
- Ekiti State 11
- Engineering Jobs 15
- Entry-level Jobs 227
- Enugu State 9
- Featured 13
- FEDERAL GOVERNMENT RECRUITMENT IN NIGERIA 2
- Full time jobs 1030
- Gombe State 10
- Google AdSense know how 6
- Hotel Management/hospitality company 4
- HOW TO MAKE MONEY ONLINE 1
- Imo State 9
- Internship Jobs 36
- Jigawa State 8
- JOB FOR SSCE 64
- Jobs and Recruitment 1514
- Jobs for LEGAL/Law 6
- Jobs in Education 10
- JOBS IN NORTHERN NIGERIA 127
- JOBS IN SOUTH EAST 94
- JOBS IN SOUTH SOUTH 137
- JOBS IN SOUTH WEST 292
- Jos 7
- Kaduna State 15
- Kano State 10
- Katsina State 9
- Kebbi State 9
- Kogi State 11
- Kwara State 12
- Lagos State 147
- Management and Logistics Company 7
- Manager jobs 7
- Manufacturing Industry 8
- Marketing Jobs 2
- Medical /Health 13
- MSC/MS / PHD 52
- Nasarawa State 8
- NCE/OND/HND/BSC 1114
- NGO / Community Services 2
- Nigeria Election 2
- Ogun State 15
- Oil and Gas Company 27
- Ondo State 11
- Osun State 10
- Oyo State 13
- Part Time Jobs 8
- PASS QUESTIONS 1
- Plateau 7
- Rivers State 26
- SCHOLARSHIP Jobs 6
- Sokoto State 9
- Taraba State 9
- Yobe State 9
- Zamfara State 9