..Says Eleven Rusticated Students Are going Through Grave Obstacles..
The attention of Delta Youths Network has been drawn to a story of eleven Niger Delta students under the Presidential Amnesty Programme being rusticated because of their peaceful demonstration against the university’s shortcomings.
It is in light of this, Delta Youths Network, urges the Amnesty Boss Prof Charles Q Dokubo to weigh into this crisis for these students to resume academic activities.
This is very worrisome due to the fact that these are ex-agitators, who are being reintegrated to back society, and it will truncate the peace building capacity of the FG to the Niger Delta if this saga is not addressed immediately.
We once again call on the Special Adviser and Coordinator of the Presidential Amnesty Programme, Prof Charles Q Dokubo to prevail on the issue of the eleven rusticated students, in Novena University, Delta State.
Seeing the grave obstacles these students are going through one is pained, and it is a sad and very unfortunate development that nothing has been.
Most of these students are in their final year; while few of them are in 200 level, considering the huge amount the Federal Government has invested in them, it will be a bad omen to the Niger Delta question. More worrisome is due to the fact that, exams will soon start in the school. We were reliably informed that, students in 100 level had just finished their second semester examination recently.
However, as a responsible organization, we will always condemn things that contravenes the rule of law, but in this case our brothers have not breeched the law nor the constitutional provision.
Having closely ascertained what led to their rustication from Novena University, we make bold to say that, they are inline with professional practices and public conduct, as it is enshrined in the 1999 constitution of Nigeria.
If Prof Charles do not weigh into this crisis for these students to resume academic activities, we are sacred most of them, maybe made vulnerable to embark in antisocial vices that will cause another round of mayhem in the Niger Delta.
Therefore, the Special Adviser should weigh into this problem and ensure these students resume academic activities to avert anther round of unavoidable crisis coming to the Niger Delta region.
Signed for Delta Youths Network:
Comrade Napoleon Kenerekedi President
Mr Clement Iyebo Secretary General
Comrade Lugard Izoukumor Publicity Secreatary
Former Ondo Deputy governor’s daughter found dead in boyfriend‘s room Khadijat
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- Ends Soon : Greenwich Merchant Bank (GMB) Graduate Trainee Program (GGTP4.0) 2021
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)
- Massive Job Recruitment at GPC Energy and Logistics Limited
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- Massive Job Recruitment in a Leading Group of Companies
- Massive recruitment at Achievers University for Academic and Non-Academic Staff ( 106 Slots )
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer
- Massive Recruitment in an Indigenous Non-profit and Non-governmental Organization