The attention of the All Progressives Congress Delta State Chapter under the leadership of Prophet Jones Ode Erue has been drawn to a Press Release dated the 24th April 2018 signed by the Deputy State Chairman, Chief Cyril Ogodo purportedly rejecting the endorsement of the former Governor of Edo State HE Adams Oshionhole by the South South Zonal Executive Committee as the choice of the zone for the position of the National Chairman of our great Party.
- It must be emphatically stated that the Deputy Chairman has no locus standi and does not possessed the necessary constitutional powers to make such statement on behalf of the Party in the Delta State without the express permission from the state chairman who has not authorized such unguarded utterances rejecting the endorsement of HE Adams Oshiomhole.
It is obvious that the Deputy State Chairman is playing the script of his pay masters as he is not a member of the South South Zonal Executive Committee and was not present at the meeting of 23rd April, 2018 where the decision to endorse the HE Adams Oshiomhole was taken by the majority of the members present including leaders from Delta State. While not belittling the achievements of Chief John Oyegun as a worthy son of the zone, it is equally on record that HE Adams Oshiomhole was the only APC Governor to have successfully transfer power to another APC Governor in the person of Godwin Obaseki in the entire South South Zone which is no mean feat hence the endorsement.
- The hue and cry over the venue of the meeting at the Edo State Government House and not Port Harcourt as the zonal headquarters, is total hogwash as there is no provision in the Party’s Constitution that makes it mandatory to hold meetings in Port Harcourt before they become binding. Meetings of the zone are called at behest of the Zonal Chairman who has the authority to pick any state in the zone be the host.
That the Party in Delta State is not the property of one man as there are other leaders and critical stakeholders of the Party with equal say in the well being and progress of the Party in the in State and majority of them were present at the meeting of 23rd April, 2018 and gave their consent to the endorsement of HE Adams Oshiomhole as the choice of the zone for the office of national chairman.
For the AVOIDANCE OF DOUBT, the Delta State APC remains RESOLUTE and in TOTAL support of the decision of the South South Zonal Executive Committee.
E. V. Onojeghuo Esq
State Legal Adviser
for State Chairman
Pay Attention To:
- Current Job Recruitment at FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021
- Link To Check Immigration Recruitment Shortlisted Candidates 2021 Screening Exercise
- Graduate Interns in a Major Oil Servicing Company
- 2021 Ongoing Recruitment at Seven-Up Bottling Company Limited
- NIPCO Gas Limited Recruitment for Graduate
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited ( 16 Positions )
- Current Job Recruitment in Nigeria at Daltrade Nigeria Limited
- United Nations recruitment for a Programme Officer
- Link to Check Names Of Shortlisted NDLEA Candidates For Final Screening – NDLEA List Of Shortlisted Candidates 2021 Is Out