The Federal Government of Nigeria has nominated chancellors and governing councils for a number of Federal universities, with the expectation that they will serve as moral compass for the various institutions to which they are allocated.
They will be expected to play a part in solidifying relationships amongst communities in Nigeria, according to the Minister of Education, Malam Adamu Adamu, who announced this during a news conference on Thursday in Abuja.
“You will recall that, with Mr President’s approval, I established Visitation Panels in all tertiary institutions in April 2021,” Adamu added.
“The panels are presently wrapping up their tasks and will submit their reports shortly.
“You may recall that I just inaugurated the Federal Polytechnic and Colleges of Education Governing Councils.
“The councils’ establishment aims to improve these institutions in order to provide effective service delivery for national growth and global competitiveness.”
Adamu went on to say that the appointment was made to replace the chancellors of a number of Federal universities around the country who had died.
The chancellors will be introduced to the University community at an investiture ceremony or at the next convocation ceremony, when the investiture will take place before the conferment of degrees.
HM Obi Ofala Nnaemeka Alfred Achebe, the Obi of Onitsha, Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, Bauchi, Oba Rufus Adeyemo Adejugbe Aladesanmi III, the Ewi of Ado-Ekiti, Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, Oba Rufus Adeyemo Adejugbe Aladesanmi III, the Ewi of Ado-E
HRM Oba Aremu Gbadebo, Alex Ekwueme University, Ndufu-Alike, Ebonyi State Bayero University, Kano Oba Ewuare 11, Oba of Benin. Alake of Egbaland, Bayero University, Kano Oba Ewuare 11, Oba of Benin. Jigawa State’s Federal University is located in Dutse.
HRM King Joshua Igbugburu, the Ibenanawei of Bomo Kingdom and Federal University Gashua, Yobe, HRM Prof. Joseph Edozien, the Asagba of Asaba, and others were in attendance.
Following the expiration of the tenures of thirteen federal universities and Inter-University Centres (IUCs) on May 8, the Federal Government allowed the restoration of their governing councils to avoid any void in the governance of the institutions, according to the minister.
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- United Nigeria Airlines Recruitment for Baggage Handler (Entry-level)
- Ebonyi State Ministry of Trade and Investment Job Recruitment Portal – Apply Here
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Entry Level Tellers
- Delta State Hospital Management Board Recruitment 2021 for Graduate Internship
- US Embassy Recruitment In Nigeria ( Apply Here for free )
- Nigerian Breweries Plc Recruitment for Senior Regulatory Affairs Manager
- LifeBank Recruitment 2021 (Apply here for free)
- Massive Recruitment at Dangote Refinery for Graduates
- Kaduna State Residents Registration Agency (KADSRRA) Massive Recruitment
- Current Job Openings at First Bank of Nigeria Limited