President Muhammadu Buhari blames the internet for Nigeria’s security challenges
President Muhammadu Buhari Tuesday called for an overhaul of the national strategy on cyber security, urging more emphasis on exploring the internet for economic growth opportunities, enhancement of knowledge and mitigation of crime.
READ ALSO : Man Tortured To Death in Benue Over Missing Goat
“I urge the National Security Adviser to continue to coordinate the efforts of all stakeholders to ensure that our Internet and cyberspace are used for the enhancement of national security and economic progression,’’ the President said at the launch of the National Cyber security Policy and Strategy (NCPS) 2021.
The President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), says Nigeria is witnessing a rise in threats posed by cyber criminals, online financial fraudsters, and cyber terrorists.
He also said cyber terrorists are using the internet to cause tension in the country. The president was quoted as saying this in a statement by his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Femi Adesina, titled, “Why we must curb criminalities, use the internet for national security and economic progress, by President Buhari”.
- Lagos State Ministry of Health Recruitment For Graduates
- Massive Recruitment at the Enugu State Water Corporation
- Kwara State Civil Service Commission Massive Recruitment 2021
- Apply for Kwara State Internal Revenue Service Recruitment 2021 (KW-IRS Recruitment 2021)
- Air Peace Recruitment 2021 for Passenger Service Executives
- Nigerian Breweries Graduate Management Development Scheme 2021
- Recent Jobs in a Major Oil and Gas Company
- Sales Executive (Foods and Beverage) at Willers Solutions Limited
- Job Openings at West Africa Container Terminal
- Current Vacancies at Prime Montessori School
- Procurement and Logistics Officer at FHI 360
- Employment Opportunities at Great Nigeria Biscuit Company Limited
- Current Job Vacancies at Deutsche Partners Holdings
- Ongoing Recruitment at IpNX Nigeria Limited
- Latest Recruitment at Marriott International