Buhari’s demand was contained in a letter read by the President of the Senate, Ahmad Lawan, during plenary on Tuesday in the upper chamber of the National Assembly in Abuja.
According to the letter, Buhari urged the lawmakers to screen and confirm three nominees as full-time commissioners of the Commission.
They are Reginald Karausa, Ibrahim Boyi, and Mr Obi Joseph.
The letter which reads, “Pursuant to Section 3 and 5(1) of the Investment and Securities Act 2007, I write to request for confirmation by the Senate, the appointment of the following four nominees as Director-General and Commissioners of the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). Their CVs are attached herewith.”
Latest Jobs in Nigeria Now
- Nigerian Navy Recruitment 2022 Exercise for SSCE, OND, NCE Application Guidelines
- INEC Recruitment for Observers
- Nigeria Police Recruitment Portal 2022 Open for Applications
- INEC Adhoc Staff Recruitment Portal 2022 for 2023 Election | INEC Recruitment Portal login 2022
- Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority (NSIA) Graduate Programme 2022