President Buhari’s Minister in Big Trouble As Gov Ortom institutes N60 billion suit Against him.
Governor of Benue State, Samuel Ortom, filed an N60 billion lawsuit in Makurdi High Court today against Senator George Akume, Minister of Special Duties and Intergovernmental Affairs.
Read Also : Sack Defense Minister To Save Nigeria from Collapsing, APC Chieftain Cries Out To Buhari
Okon N. Efut, SAN, and four other lawyers filed suit No. MHC/268/2021.
Governor Ortom is suing for N50 billion in general damages and N10 billion in exemplary and aggravated damages for libel.
A 17-paragraph statement of claim accompanied the summons.
Governor Ortom is seeking a declaration that the text of Senator Akume’s press conference on August 30, 2021, in Abuja, as well as reports in various national dailies, is scandalous, malicious, and injurious to his person, according to the statement of claim.
He claimed that the press conference was held to lower his social standing and expose him to hatred, contempt, and ridicule from right-thinking members of society.
The Governor is seeking a perpetual injunction prohibiting the defendant from publishing any defamatory statement against him, either directly or through any agent, servants, or privies.
The case has yet to be assigned a date.
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- United Nigeria Airlines Recruitment for Baggage Handler (Entry-level)
- LifeBank Recruitment 2021 (Apply here for free)
- Delta State Hospital Management Board Recruitment 2021 for Graduate Internship
- Massive Recruitment at Dangote Refinery for Graduates
- Current Job Openings at First Bank of Nigeria Limited
- Kaduna State Residents Registration Agency (KADSRRA) Massive Recruitment
- US Embassy Recruitment In Nigeria ( Apply Here for free )
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Entry Level Tellers
- Ebonyi State Ministry of Trade and Investment Job Recruitment Portal – Apply Here
- Nigerian Breweries Plc Recruitment for Senior Regulatory Affairs Manager