President Muhammadu Buhari has submitted a formal request to the Nigerian Senate on Tuesday, March 23, to confirm Salamatu Hussaini Suleiman’s appointment as Chairman of the National Human Rights Commission.
According to this online news outlet, the President also demanded the confirmation of fourteen other members of the Commission in his formal letter.
The proposal was made in a letter dated March 17th, 2021, and was read aloud by Senate President Ahmad Lawan during Tuesday’s plenary.
The confirmation request was made pursuant to Section 2(3) of the National Human Rights Commission Act, according to the President (as amended).
According to the letter, Ahmad Abubakar Fingilla, Kemi Asiwaju-Okeyonda, Abubakar Muhammed, Mrs Beatrice Jedy-Agba, Amb. Umar Zainab Salisu, Mrs. Dafe T. Adesida, Joseph Onyemaechi Mmamel, and Femi Okoeowo are among the nominees to be confirmed as members of the National Human Rights Commission.
Azubuike Nwakwenta, Jamila Isah, Sunny Daniel, Barrister Agabaidu Chukwuemeka Jideani, Mrs. Nella Andem-Rabana, SAN, Mrs. Idayat Omolara Hassan, and Prof. Anthony Ojukwu are among those who have been appointed.
Hot Nigerian Jobs [ Apply Now ]
- Massive Recruitment at Rainoil Limited
- Thomas Adewumi University Massive Recruitment for Academic and Non Academic Staff
- BEDC Electricity Plc Graduate Trainee Programme 2021
- Massive Recruitment at the Society for Family Health
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 For Graduates in Nigeria
- Ekiti State Government Recruitment for Graduates
- Latest Job Recruitment at Wema Bank Plc for Graduates
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Gemstone Microfinance
- INEC Recruitment 2021 for Observers
- Lagos State Independent Electoral Commission Massive Recruitment for ADHOC Staff