President Muhammadu Buhari stated this on Friday, July 23, when paying a visit to the Emir of Daura, Dr. Umar Faruk Umar, before heading for Abuja.
In a statement released by Mallam Garba Shehu, Buhari’s Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, said that instead of doing business with these contractors, they should invest in community development.
“I don’t want your cheque. Go and assist our communities” instead of trying to return kickbacks to public officers, including his office.
“We don’t want cheques from anyone or organisation as returns or influence of any kind. Let them remember their Corporate Social Responsibilities.”
The President who noted that the grace of God had kept Nigeria together as a country in spite of differences that led to a 30-month civil war, also revealed that he would love to visit Daura more frequently but for the high cost of presidential movements and exposing security personnel to the weather.
“We are known for farming and I have my farm here. I could come every two weeks and no one can stop me.
“But the cost to the movement is high. I would rather that it be used to better our schools, clinics and hospitals.
“We want to thank God always for keeping us together as a country. From January 15, 1966, the country was thrown into political crisis. We had a 30 months civil war that resulted in the loss of about a million lives.
“We still thank God for keeping us together. We remain grateful to all those who showed interest in our unity and progress. May God continue to bless them.”
Having pleasant memories of his visits to the Palace as a military Head of State, Buhari expressed delight that the warmth and hospitality of the historic institution had been preserved through the years.
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria
- Massive Job Recruitment at GPC Energy and Logistics Limited
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)
- Massive Recruitment in an Indigenous Non-profit and Non-governmental Organization
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- Massive recruitment at Achievers University for Academic and Non-Academic Staff ( 106 Slots )
- Ends Soon : Greenwich Merchant Bank (GMB) Graduate Trainee Program (GGTP4.0) 2021
- Massive Job Recruitment in a Leading Group of Companies