The appointment of 18 new Justices for the Court of Appeal has been approved by the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.).
The approval came after the Chief Justice of Nigeria and Chairman of the National Judicial Council, Justice Ibrahim Muhammad, recommended Buhari in March.
In a letter to the CJN, the President’s Chief of Staff, Prof. Ibrahim Gambari, stated that Buhari has given his approval.
“I am pleased to inform you that, in accordance with Sections 237 and 238 of the 1999 constitution, His Excellency, Mr. President has approved the appointment of the following jurists as Justices of the Court of Appeal, according to their official seniority on the Bench,” he said.
“Please inform the newly named Justices of the Court of Appeal accordingly, and extend our best wishes to their Lordships on their election. Please accept my heartfelt greetings and best wishes.”
The Judges are:
Bature Isah Gafai
Muhammad Ibrahim Sirajo
Yusuf Alhaji Bashir
Usman A. Musale
Jauro Ibrahim Wakili
Abba Bello Mohammed
Danlami Zama Senchi
Mohammed Lawal Abubakar
Hassan Muslim Sule
Amadi Kenneth Ikechukwu
Peter Oyinkenimiemi Affen
Sybil Onyeji Nwaka Gbagi
Olasumbo Olanrewaju Goodluck
Olabode Abimbola Adegbehingbe
Bola Samuel Ademola.
President Buhari Makes Fresh Appointment
Latest Jobs in Nigeria Now
- INEC Adhoc Staff Recruitment Portal 2022 for 2023 Election | INEC Recruitment Portal login 2022
- Nigeria Police Recruitment Portal 2022 Open for Applications
- Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority (NSIA) Graduate Programme 2022
- Nigerian Navy Recruitment 2022 Exercise for SSCE, OND, NCE Application Guidelines
- INEC Recruitment for Observers