Ajibola Basiru, the Senate’s spokesman, has warned Attorney-General of the Federation Abubakar Malami to quit “rubbishing the President Buhari-led APC government” with his comments.
READ ALSO : Horror! How A Lagos Teenage Factory Worker Was Killed In Industrial Accident On Resumption Day
“Anyone who cannot rise above primal prejudices and pursue a narrow ethnic agenda need not occupy a position of trust,” Basiru said, replying to Malami’s comparison of the Southern Governors’ ban on open grazing to the Northern Governors’ prohibition on spare parts sales.
READ ALSO : Breaking: Emir’s Eldest Son Shot Dead By Bandits
According to the Senate spokesperson, such utterances have made Nigeria a laughingstock in the international community and have given those affected by the herdsmen’s operations little hope.
“Anyone who cannot rise above primordial sentiments and pursue a parochial ethnic agenda need not occupy a position of trust especially at this time of sectional agitations.
“It was not dignifying of the status of the nation’s attorney-general and minister of justice to make such remarks.
“Those who have no meaningful contributions to national discourse operating on the basis of equity and justice to keep quiet and stop rubbishing the Buhari-led APC government.
“These kind of statements have made Nigeria a laughing stock in the comity of Nations and they ridicule the administration of President Buhari. These statements are not giving hope to those at the receiving end of the activities of the herdsmen.”
Hot Nigerian Jobs | Share To Job Seekers [ Apply Now ]
- Vitafoam Nigeria Plc Job Recruitment for Graduates
- Frsc Recruitment 2021 July/August Form Portal | Apply Here | FRSC recruitment Login Portal
- Massive Recruitment at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- Delta State Hospital Management Board Recruitment 2021 for SSCE & Graduates
- Nigerian Air Force DSSC Recruitment 2021 Portal Is Now Open
- Delta State Urban Water Corporation Recruitment For Graduates and SSCE