Presidency Reveal Fate Of Igbo Man Becoming The IGP
The Presidency has said that President Muhammadu Buhari has yet to decide who will succeed Inspector-General of Police(IGP) Mohammed Adamu.
After last week’s appointment of new service chiefs, calls were made for the president to appoint someone from the south-east as Adamu’s successor without any of them being from the region.
On Monday, on the Sunrise Daily program of Channels Television, Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, said that the appointment would be based on the ability to secure lives and property in the country, not by ethnicity.
On Monday, having reached the mandatory retirement age, Adamu is expected to leave the office.
I have not spoken to the president, but if I read his mind correctly, the president would prefer to have an inspector-general of the police who would make you and me safer, who would protect lives and property,” Mr Shehu said, “than one who is more marked by his tribal marks.
He said the president would decide the fate of Adamu when he returns later this week from Daura, Katsina State, to Aso Villa.
“If we say we’re going to use ethnicity or religion as the basis, then we’ve lost it,” the presidential spokesman added. This is about law and order and not about ethnic identity.
Look at what happened, two from the south, two from the north, with the service chiefs appointed now. If religion is what you’re talking about, two Muslims, two Christians.
# Presidency Reveal Fate Of Igbo Man Becoming The IGP
Hot Nigerian Jobs 🔥
- Wema Bank Plc Recruitment 2021 for Retail Relationship Management Officers
- Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN Recruitment 2021 ) of Independent Infrastructure Asset Manager
- 2021 Massive Recruitment at the Management Sciences for Health
- Massive Graduate Management Trainee Recruitment 2021 at Food Concepts Plc
- 2021 Massive Recruitment at 9mobile
- Polaris Bank Entry Level Graduate Recruitment 2021 (Nationwide)
- Nigerian Air Force Recruitment 2021 for Airmen / Airwomen
- Nigerian Army 2021 Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Trades/Non Tradesmen & Women (81RRI)
- WAEC Recruitment 2021 ( West Africa Examination Council, WAEC 2021 Recruitment )
- Massive Recruitment at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
From Ejes Gist Nigeria
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s opinion, they do not reflect the views of the Publisher of EJES GIST NIGERIA. Please report any fake news , misinformation or defamatory statements to email@example.com
Guides For Jobs
Federal Government Agencies
(Check Updates & Current Status of Federal Government Job Recruitment Form)
Jobs in Nigeria by State