President Muhammadu Buhari is not responsible for advancement in the Nigeria Police Force, according to the Presidency.
The Presidential Spokesman, Garba Shehu, made the announcement immediately after the Police Service Commission (PSC) promoted 24 Commissioners of Police to the rank of Assistant Inspector General of Police (AIG), among other promotions.
Ibrahim Magu, the previous interim chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), on the other hand, was passed over for promotion.
Shehu reacted to the news by saying that advancement in Nigeria’s police force is decided by the PSC, and that President Buhari had no role in the process.
ALSO READ : List Of Newly Promoted Police Officers
“President Buhari, or any other Nigerian president for that matter, is not in charge of police promotions.
“The Police Service Commission, or PSC, is in charge of it.
“In the instance of the individual in issue, who is currently the subject of an inquiry, logic suggests that the outcome will decide his eligibility. If you had made an attempt to contact the PSC, they might have given you the accurate perspective on this,” Shehu added.
Remember that in July 2020, Magu was arrested and forced to appear before a presidential tribunal probing claims of corruption and insubordination levelled against him by Nigeria’s justice minister, Abubakar Malami.
Magu and Malami have repeatedly clashed over the anti-corruption fight, and many Nigerians, like Femi Odekunle, a member of a presidential anti-corruption council, feel Magu’s plight is part of a power play with Malami.
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- Massive recruitment at Achievers University for Academic and Non-Academic Staff ( 106 Slots )
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- Massive Recruitment in an Indigenous Non-profit and Non-governmental Organization
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)
- Massive Job Recruitment in a Leading Group of Companies
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer
- Ends Soon : Greenwich Merchant Bank (GMB) Graduate Trainee Program (GGTP4.0) 2021
- Massive Job Recruitment at GPC Energy and Logistics Limited