The Ministry of Police Affairs said it has received a matching order from the Presidency to recruit additional 400,000 personnel into the Nigeria Police force to address the manpower shortage in the service.
Head of Press and Public Relations Unit of the ministry, Odutayo Oluseyi, who made this known in a statement, said already, the minister, Mohammed Dingyadi, has set up a 13-man Ministerial Project Coordination Committee to conduct the recruitment process.
The presidential directive may end the ongoing legal tussle between the Police Service Commission and the Nigeria police force over which agency had the right to carry out the recruitment of police personnel.
Members of the committee who were drawn from both the ministry and the police are expected to work out appropriate programmes and projects to accomplish the assigned priorities and deliverables.
He said the police affairs minister had during the inauguration of the committee members in Abuja, told them that providing security for all citizens was among the nine main priority areas of the Buhari led government.
According to him, “Dingyadi said, “It is instructive to point out these government priorities have been developed in line with the vision of this administration which is targeted towards building a prosperous economy, eradicating corruption and providing security for all.”
The statement added that Permanent Secretary in the ministry, Nnamdi Mbaeri disclosed that during the Presidential Retreat, a committee was constituted under the Chairmanship of the Vice President to review the performance of the government during the last four years and also articulate a programme of action which would provide strategic direction for the Administration’s next level agenda, 2019-2023.
Continuing, he said the committee developed the document titled “Delivering on government’s priorities 2019-2023″ that featured nine overarching government priorities, including security.
Mbaeri said, “The police affairs ministry was assigned specific priorities and deliverables including full implementation of the Community Policing Policy, the recruitment of additional 400,000 policemen across the country, establishment of a Federal Public-Private Security Trust Fund amongst others.”
According to the permanent secretary, it was in the bid to effectively and adequately implement these priorities and deliverables for the benefit of Nigerians that the ministry considered it imperative to constitute this Ministerial Project Coordination Committee which was tasked with carrying out specified duties.
“The Chairman of the committee, and Director of Police Reforms Department in the ministry, Mohammed Yahaya, pledged on behalf of the committee to carry out their duties efficiently and effectively, saying it was a rare opportunity that had been given to them to participate in the architectural shaping of the security of the country,” he said.
HOT JOBS RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- First Bank Recruitment 2020 for Service Executive Conversion Programme
- Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority NSIA Recruitment 2020 For Graduates
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources Recruitment 2020
- Benue State Recruitment 2020 for World Bank Assisted Project
- Nigerian Army 2020 Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Trades/Non Tradesmen & Women (80RRI)
- Nasarawa State Civil Service Commission Recruitment 2020
- Massive Recruitment in a Newly Licensed Regional Commercial Bank (74 Positions) – Nextzon Business Services Limited
- Nigerian Air Force Hospital 2020/2021 Housemanship / Internship Recruitment
- Nigeria Maritime University (NMU) Academic and Non-Academic Job Recruitment (38 Positions)
- Jobs in Nigeria for Academic Staff at American University of Nigeri
- Nigerian Army Nationwide DSSC & SSC Massive Recruitment (27 Positions)
- Nigerian Army Hospitals Graduate House Officers & Interns 2020 Recruitment
- Federal University of Petroleum Resources FUPRE Recruitment 2020 for Teaching And Non-Teaching Staff
- FG officially Begins Recruitment of 774000 Nigerians, See How to Apply
- Nigeria Air Force 2020/2021 Massive Recruitment for Airmen/Airwomen form (BMTC 2020) is out
For Breaking News, or Eye witness report Contact us on: SMS/Whatsapp: +2347033247217 Email: [email protected].com
NOTE : No Genuine Employer will Request for MONEY from Job Seekers
The views expressed in this article are the Author/writer’s, they do not reflect the views of EJES GIST NEWS. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]
LATEST JOBS IN NIGERIA
TOP TRENDING POST
MOST POPULAR JOBS
- Waec timtable august 17th
- My schoolgist waec time table 2020
- Boost sex buy boiling the pawpaw leave and the gwava
- Waec 17th august 2020 time table
- Recent waec 2020 timetable for 17th august
- 17 august 2020 weac timetable
- Waec time table starting 17th august 2020
- Waec timetable 2020 for august 17
- Wassce examination timtable 17august 2020
- Weac timetable for 17th august