It was a tragic moment on hearing the death of a pregnant woman.
The member of the State Task Force who confirmed the news to Channels Television disclosed that the woman was said to have bled to death on Sunday as a result of a miscarriage she had while being isolated at a facility in Duste, the state capital.
One of the members of the patient’s family who also confirmed her death said that they have received the body from the officials of the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) and has since buried her according to Islamic rites in the village.
The patient was among the nine cases confirmed by the Commissioner of Health in Jigawa and Chairman of the State Task Force, Dr Abba Zakari.
READ ALSO : Why Coronavirus Will Become Africa’s Catastrophe
She was said to be returning from Lagos to Jigawa but tested positive for COVID-19 upon her arrival in Kano State.
After her status was discovered, the patient was later transferred to the isolation centre in Dutse, the Jigawa State capital.
The ninth was the case transferred from Kano, while the Jigawa has seven active cases and two deaths.
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- Massive Recruitment in an Indigenous Non-profit and Non-governmental Organization
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria
- Ends Soon : Greenwich Merchant Bank (GMB) Graduate Trainee Program (GGTP4.0) 2021
- Massive Job Recruitment at GPC Energy and Logistics Limited
- Massive Job Recruitment in a Leading Group of Companies
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer
- Massive recruitment at Achievers University for Academic and Non-Academic Staff ( 106 Slots )