According to the Finance Minister, the loan is to be used for reforming the nation’s power sector.
Mrs Ahmed who announced the approval of the loan at a news conference to wrap up the World Bank/IMF annual meetings in Washington DC explains that the loan is expected to improve power supply in the country.
READ ALSO: FG suspends MTN’s N4 USSD charges
She said the loan would be disbursed in four tranches of $750m each beginning from April 2020.
The loan, according to her would cover the funding gap as well as the current tariff which investors in the sector had described as very low compared to what is obtainable in other countries.
Job Vacancies in Nigeria
- Ends Soon : Greenwich Merchant Bank (GMB) Graduate Trainee Program (GGTP4.0) 2021
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer
- Massive recruitment at Achievers University for Academic and Non-Academic Staff ( 106 Slots )
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- Massive Recruitment in an Indigenous Non-profit and Non-governmental Organization
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)