Augustine Yiga, a popular and controversial Ugandan pastor, has died.
The pastor died months after he was arrested and jailed after saying that coronavirus is just a ‘common flu’ ,has died
The pastor of the Revival Church in Kawaala, Kampala popularly known as Abizaayo, died on Monday, October 26, at Nsambya hospital where he was admitted after being diagnosed with liver complications.
His body arrived at the church on Saturday afternoon, October 31. He will be buried on Sunday next to his mother. According to his will, Yiga decreed that he should be buried with a TV Screen that shall be on 24/7 broadcasting his favourite station, ABS TV.
His death comes five months after he was arrested for allegedly uttering false information and spreading harmful propaganda in relation to the deadly coronavirus (COVID-19).
Last week, a section of the media announced the controversial pastor was dead following liver complications but his family later dismissed the reports as false, insisting he was still alive.
His son, Andrew Jjengo then said the pastor had been sick for some time.
Hot Nigerian Jobs [ Apply Now ]
- BEDC Electricity Plc Graduate Trainee Programme 2021
- Latest Job Recruitment at Wema Bank Plc for Graduates
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Gemstone Microfinance
- Thomas Adewumi University Massive Recruitment for Academic and Non Academic Staff
- Lagos State Independent Electoral Commission Massive Recruitment for ADHOC Staff
- Ekiti State Government Recruitment for Graduates
- INEC Recruitment 2021 for Observers
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 For Graduates in Nigeria
- Massive Recruitment at the Society for Family Health
- Massive Recruitment at Rainoil Limited