Biyi Bandele, a well-known novelist and film producer from Nigeria, has passed away.
The veteran filmmaker’s death was announced by his daughter Temi Bandele in a statement late on Monday night.
He gained popularity for Producing the film adaptation of Half of a Yellow Sun, a remarkable book by Chimamanda Adichie.
The elderly man’s cause of death is still unknown.
Temi’s statement reads, “I am heartbroken to share the sudden and unexpected death of my father Biyi Bandele on Sunday, August 7 in Lagos.”
“Biyi Bandele was an incredibly gifted writer and filmmaker in addition to being a devoted friend and adored father. He was a storyteller at heart, with an unwavering viewpoint, distinctive voice, and wisdom that boldly spoke through all of his art, in poetry, books, plays, and films. Through his work, he will leave a lasting legacy.
“As we mourn his loss, we ask that everyone respect the privacy of his family and friends.”
That is the latest Naija News Today on Biyi Bandele cause of death here
Latest Jobs in Nigeria Now
- Nigeria Police Recruitment Portal 2022 Open for Applications
- Nigerian Navy Recruitment 2022 Exercise for SSCE, OND, NCE Application Guidelines
- INEC Recruitment for Observers
- Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority (NSIA) Graduate Programme 2022
- INEC Adhoc Staff Recruitment Portal 2022 for 2023 Election | INEC Recruitment Portal login 2022