A serving All Progressives Congress (APC) senator has backed the effort by his opposition peers to impeach President Muhammadu Buhari due to the nation’s security woes.
In an exclusive interview with Channels Television on Friday, Senator Elisha Abbo, who represents Adamawa North senatorial district in the upper chamber of the National Assembly, expressed his views.
He spoke outside the Federal Capital Territory of Abuja’s APC Northern Christian Leaders summit (FCT).
The lawmaker claimed that he fully supported the president’s impeachment motion and that the Nigerian president had failed in his fundamental duty to protect the lives and property of the populace.
There have been reports of renewed attacks by terrorists and other armed non-state actors at various locations across the nation, in some cases killing security personnel.
Senators from opposition parties staged a walkout on Wednesday in response to a call to remove President Muhammadu Buhari from office.
Senator Philip Aduda, the minority leader in the Senate, had raised a point of order requesting that Senator Ahmad Lawan speak to the impeachment of President Buhari and the nation’s security situation.
Senator Lawan, who presided over the plenary, rejected the minority leader’s request, claiming that the raised point of order was frivolous.
Read Also: Top APC Senator Dumps Party For SDP
All of the senators elected on the platforms of political parties other than the All Progressives Congress (APC) left the legislative chamber while the plenary was still in session, incensed by the Senate President’s action.
Later, they gave President Buhari a six-week deadline to address the security problems plaguing the nation. They threatened to start impeachment proceedings against him if he did not do so.
Recommended for you
- Senator Elisha Abbo Reveals The Stunning Reason Why He Left PDP
- Senator Elisha Abbo Captured again slapping a young man repeatedly in his hometown (video)
- Senator Elisha Abbo News : Why I defected to APC
- Senator Elisha Abbo Reveals Powerful Person That Pursued Him Out Of PDP
The Minority Caucus of the House of Representatives gave the President a six-week deadline to address the country’s security issues, despite the Presidency’s assertion that the lawmakers’ action was merely a threat with no real consequences.
Thanks for reading APC Senator Backs Call To Impeach Buhari
Nigerian Job [Apply Now]
- KDSG Teachers Recruitment of 10,000 Graduates : How to Apply, KDSG Jobs Login Portal, KDSG SUBEB News
- FBN General Insurance Graduate Trainee Massive Recruitment
- Nigerian Navy Recruitment 2022 Exercise for SSCE, OND, NCE Application Guidelines
- Access Bank Entry Level Recruitment & Internship Job Vacancies (4 Positions)