Nollywood star actress, Ada Ameh, has criticised celebrities who flaunt their relationships on social media. The Domitila actress maintained that it is better when a relationship is kept as private as possible.
Speaking in an interview with Sunday Scoop, she said, “We emulate people that do not have values. It is better and more beautiful when one’s relationship is kept as private as possible. Being a public figure doesn’t mean one should share what happens in one’s bedroom. Even the ones that are doing it know they are doing the wrong thing. It is not part of our culture.”
Asked if she thinks Nigerians expect too much from celebrities, Ameh said, “Nigerians are entitled people. I grew up in Ajegunle (Lagos State) and in Ajegunle, what we do is ‘one for all, all for one’. If one has, one shares with one’s friends and acquaintances. That was where I learnt practical love. In Nigeria, if one is working, people act like one owes them. Somebody once told me that, ‘Madam, we buy your CDs’ and I said I work for it. They paid me for the job. This generation doesn’t have respect. Their values are too cheap. They are too materialistic; all they care about is money. They don’t want to work or suffer.”
On how she fared during the lockdown declared to contain the COVID-19 pandemic, Ameh said, “There was panic everywhere but we are being comforted by the word of God. The worst that will happen is that we will die. I used to be very scared of death until I lost some of my siblings. The one that I experienced two years ago shook the foundation of my life. The fear of dying is no longer there. One will be afraid of dying if one’s relationship with God is not intact. What I enjoyed the most during the lockdown was intensifying my relationship with God.
“Also, we all now seem to agree that whether we like it or not, everyone needs a side hustle. People mistake Nigerian entertainers for their Hollywood counterparts. The moment one begins to compare them, one misses it. They are not the same.”
Pay Attention To:
- Sterling Bank Plc Job Recruitment 2021
- Nigerian Breweries Graduate Management Development Scheme 2021
- Federal Ministry of Environment Job Recruitment 2021
- Access Bank Plc Entry Level Recruitment 2021
- Kaduna State Independent Electoral Commission Recruitment for Ad-hoc Staff ( KAD SIECOM Recruitment 2021 Portal ) Apply here
- Federal Ministry of Youth and Sports Development Internship Programme 2021
- Delta State Civil Service Commission Recruitment 2021 for Graduate
- Massive Recruitment at Tecnimont Nigeria Limited
- NIPCO Gas Limited Recruitment for Graduate
- Job Employment Opportunities at Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc