Pope Francis on a move to alter the âOur Lordâsâ prayer in the bible.
Report had it that the pope said the Roman Catholic Church should adopt a better translation of the phrase âlead us not into temptationâ in the âOur Fatherâ, the best known prayer in Christianity.
âThat is not a good translation,â the pope said in a television interview on Wednesday night.
Catholic Priest: Restructuring Should Start With Governors
Catholic Church in France had decided to use the phrase âdo not let us fall into temptationâ as an alternative and indicated that it or something similar should be applied worldwide.
The prayer, also called âThe Lordâs Prayerâ, is part of Christian liturgical culture and memorized from childhood by hundreds of millions of Catholics.
It is a translation from the Latin vulgate, which was translated from ancient Greek, which was in turn translated from Aramaic, the language spoken by Jesus.
Liturgical translations are usually done by local Churches in coordination with the Vatican.
Vanguard Nigeria newspaper
JOBS RECOMMENDED 4 YOUÂ Â
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources 2020 Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
- DSS Recruitment Application Form 2020 is Out
- Nigeria Air Force 2020/2021 Massive Recruitment for Airmen/Airwomen form (BMTC 2020) is out
- Nigeria Police Force Recruitment form 2020
- United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) 2020 Job Recruitment â3 Positions
- Massive Recruitment at Fortune Marine & Energy Services Limited
- Massive Recruitment atÂ OyoÂ state civil service commissionÂ
- 2020 Massive Recruitment at The American University of Nigeria
- Ongoing Jobs Recruitment in a Reputable Plastic Manufacturing Company in Lagos
- RECOMMENDED LINKS
For Breaking News, or Eye witness report Contact us on: SMS/Whatsapp: +2347033247217 Email: [email protected].com
NOTE :Â No Genuine Employer will Request for MONEY from Job Seekers
The views expressed in this article are the Author/writer’s, they do not reflect the views of EJES GIST NEWS. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]