Suspected hoodlums shot dead a policeman known as Felix Egbon on Friday, May 8 in Edo state.
This is coming after government ordered police officers to enforce the nationwide curfew imposed by the Federal Government following increased cases of Coronavirus in the country.
Reacting to the development, the Police Public Relations Officer in the state, DSP Chidi Nwabuzor confirmed the incident on Saturday, May 9.
Nwabuzor said the late policeman attached to the Auchi Police Division in Edo was shot during an attack launched against him and his colleagues.
He was immediately rushed to the Central Hospital in Auchi where he was pronounced dead.
Nwabuzor said a manhunt has been launched to arrest those behind the sad act.
CHECK THIS ALSO: After Two Years Of Pregnancy, Nigerian Lady Finally Gives Birth
Recall that two police officers have been caught on tape exchanging blows after a disagreement over bribe in Edo.
Information gathered revealed that the two officers got into a disagreement over who has the right to collect bribe from okada riders.
Hot Nigerian Jobs | Share To Job Seekers [ Apply Now ]
- Frsc Recruitment 2021 July/August Form Portal | Apply Here | FRSC recruitment Login Portal
- United Capital Group Plc (UCAP) Graduate Trainee Program 2021
- Job for Depot Assistant in an Oil and Gas Company based in Port Harcourt
- 2021 Graduate Trainees Recruitment in a Manufacturing Company ( 3 positions )
- Delta State Hospital Management Board Recruitment 2021 for SSCE & Graduates
- Dunn and Braxton Limited Massive Recruitment for Bancassurance Executives