Police Name those Responsible for Burning Of Sunday Igboho’s House In Ibadan
The burning of the former residence of the Yoruba freedom fighter, Chief Sunday Adeyemo, fondly named Sunday Igboho, in the early hours of today, has been confirmed by the Oyo State police command.
The police said that in a Hummer bus and several Micra vehicles, the arsonists went to the scene, adding that the arsonists fired into the air sporadically.
READ ALSO : Watch Video: Apostle Johnson Slept With My Wife Husband Shed Tears, Wife Cried Why Narrating What Happened”
Olugbenga Fadeyi, Chief Superintendent of Police (CSP), the Police Public Relations Officer for the State, who confirmed the incident, said the police had begun investigating the development.
“According to him, at 6:20 am, the Sanyo Police Station received a report that “some unidentified hoodlums arrived at Sunday Igboho’s house in the Soka area of Ibadan in a Hummer bus and Micra sporadically fired and set the house on fire.
In the process, the mini sitting room was destroyed, although the sum of the property has yet to be estimated.
The DPO, Sanyo, immediately got wind of the incident, called the fire service, and went to the scene for an on-the-spot evaluation, too. Eventually, the fire was put out.
“The investigation into the event has begun, while the police are on the trail of the hoodlums.”
Remember that the incident occurred a few days after Igboho requested herdsmen to leave within seven days in the Ibarapa Local Government Area of Oyo State.
He and his supporters stormed the Fulani settlement in the ancient town at the expiration of the ultimatum last week to expel the Seriki Fulani, Salihu Abdukadir.
They also targeted herdsmen suspected of perpetrating crimes ranging from abduction, murder, rape to cattle invasion of farmland.
In the settlement of the Fulanis, some houses and property were set ablaze, but Igboho denied responsibility, saying that the town residents were responsible for the destruction.
Hot Nigerian Jobs 🔥
- Edo State Civil Service Commission Recruitment 2021
- Dangote Cement Recruitment for Graduate
- Akwa Ibom State Polytechnic Massive Recruitment for Academic and Non-Academic Staff
- Wema Bank Plc Recruitment 2021 for Retail Relationship Management Officers
- Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN Recruitment 2021 ) of Independent Infrastructure Asset Manager
- 2021 Massive Recruitment at the Management Sciences for Health
- Massive Graduate Management Trainee Recruitment 2021 at Food Concepts Plc
- Polaris Bank Entry Level Graduate Recruitment 2021 (Nationwide)
- Nigerian Air Force Recruitment 2021 for Airmen / Airwomen
- Nigerian Army 2021 Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Trades/Non Tradesmen & Women (81RRI)
From Ejes Gist Nigeria
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s opinion, they do not reflect the views of the Publisher of EJES GIST NIGERIA. Please report any fake news , misinformation or defamatory statements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Guides For Jobs
Federal Government Agencies
(Check Updates & Current Status of Federal Government Job Recruitment Form)
Jobs in Nigeria by State