The Police in Delta has warned residents against employing jungle justice on suspected criminals in the state. This is as a result of recent killing of suspected ritualist in Udu LGA.
The Command’s Spokesman, Mr Andrew Aniamaka, gave the warning on Sunday while confirming the alleged burnt to death of a woman suspected to be a ritualist in Ekete-Inland to Newsmen in Warri. The deceased, whose name could not be identified, was said to had been found with human parts in Ekete-Inland, Udu Local Government Area of the state, on Saturday and was consequently burnt to death by angry mob. Aniamaka said that the command had always called on the public not to engage in jungle justice but to report all cases to the appropriate authorities.
“There was in fact a case of burning of a suspected ritualist to death. “The incident occurred at the Delta Steel Company (DSC) Expressway near Ekete-Inland junction in Ovwian. “The Command has always called on the public not to engage in jungle justice but to report all cases to the appropriate authorities,” he said.
The source said, the incident occurred at about 3:35 p.m when some residents of the Ekete-Inland wanted to burn the refuse they gathered near the woman’s hut who was earlier believed to be a lunatic. The eyewitness explained further that one of the residents noticed the suspicious behaviour of the woman, went straight into the hut and discovered human parts and a fresh dead body.
“The alarm he raised attracted other residents and passers-by who descended on the lunatic and end her life through jungle justice to serve as deterrent to others who may be in the same business with her,” the source said
Credit: Ekete Resident
JOBS RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- Nigerian Army Hospitals Graduate House Officers & Interns 2020 Recruitment
- Massive Job Recruitment at Uniterm Nigeria Limited (30 Positions)
- TOS TV Network 2020 Job Recruitment (23 Positions)
- National Identity Management Commission NIMC Recruitment 2020 (19 Positions)
- Fidelity Bank Plc Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2020
- Federal University of Petroleum Resources FUPRE Recruitment 2020 for Teaching And Non-Teaching Staff
- Lagos State Government Health Service Commission Massive Job Recruitment 2020 for Graduates
- Oyo State Teaching Service Commission (TESCOM) 2020 Massive Recruitment/
- FG officially Begins Recruitment of 774000 Nigerians, See How to Apply
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources 2020 Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
- DSS Recruitment Application Form 2020 is Out
- Nigeria Air Force 2020/2021 Massive Recruitment for Airmen/Airwomen form (BMTC 2020) is out
- Nigeria Police Force Recruitment form 2020
LATEST JOBS IN NIGERIA
For Breaking News, or Eye witness report Contact us on: SMS/Whatsapp: +2347033247217 Email: [email protected].com
NOTE : No Genuine Employer will Request for MONEY from Job Seekers
The views expressed in this article are the Author/writer’s, they do not reflect the views of EJES GIST NEWS. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]