The call was following a statement made by the CP over the extra-judicial activities of the Police Officers from Ndiegoro Police Division who were retaliating over the death of their colleague who was killed by some suspected cultists on Friday.
Ohanaeze in its statement signed by Mazi Okechukwu isiguzoro, President General and Mazi Okwu Nnabuike, Secretary General decried what it tagged as unprofessional calculated assault and deliberate action by burning down properties and allegedly looted over goods and properties worth over millions of Naira of innocent and harmless traders in four streets Okojombo, Anaba, Demema and Umuosu in Ndiegero axis of Aba.“
“this is unacceptable to Igbo youths and we’ll never tolerate such lawless act from the police”, Ohanaeze said in the statement.
“This is a shameful act with evil intent carried out by Nigerian police officers trained to maintain peace and tranquillity, nowadays promote violence against the people they meant to protect,We Use this opportunity to call on Inspection General of police as a matter of Urgency,direct the immediate Sack or redeployment of the Abia State Commissioner of police, CP Ene Okon, who denied knowledge of the shameful act of his men, its an evidence that Abia CP had lost command and control of police officers in Abia State.
The group however, commend the quick intervention of Abia State Government to halt further violent Protests and mob action capable of truncating the peaceful atmosphere of Aba, the commercial Hub centre of Eastern Region through a Dr. Ukpai Agwu Ukpai’s committee, set up by Governor Okezie Ikpeazu.
.“We are fully aware of ongoing groups meetings in various quarters in preparation of reprisals attacks against the police officers in Aba, from intelligence report,there are purported move by Biafra agitators and angry Igbo youths who lost of most of their goods and valuable properties, to forceful engage the police officers in Aba,
“We call for calm, We have uncovered plot of more revengeful but retaliative Attacks before weekend,but OYC had wielded in and Urge Aba Youths to give the Committee led by Dr Ukpai Agwu Ukpai a chance,as we will ensure that the committee provide succour to those that lost their homes and businesses in this unfortunate incident.
JOBS RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- INEC Recruitment 2020 for Edo and Ondo Election |pres.inecnigeria.org
- Nigerian Army Hospitals Graduate House Officers & Interns 2020 Recruitment
- Massive Job Recruitment at Uniterm Nigeria Limited (30 Positions)
- TOS TV Network 2020 Job Recruitment (23 Positions)
- National Identity Management Commission NIMC Recruitment 2020 (19 Positions)
- Fidelity Bank Plc Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2020
- Federal University of Petroleum Resources FUPRE Recruitment 2020 for Teaching And Non-Teaching Staff
- Lagos State Government Health Service Commission Massive Job Recruitment 2020 for Graduates
- Oyo State Teaching Service Commission (TESCOM) 2020 Massive Recruitment/
- FG officially Begins Recruitment of 774000 Nigerians, See How to Apply
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources 2020 Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
- DSS Recruitment Application Form 2020 is Out
- Nigeria Air Force 2020/2021 Massive Recruitment for Airmen/Airwomen form (BMTC 2020) is out
- Nigeria Police Force Recruitment form 2020
LATEST JOBS IN NIGERIA
For Breaking News, or Eye witness report Contact us on: SMS/Whatsapp: +2347033247217 Email: [email protected].com
NOTE : No Genuine Employer will Request for MONEY from Job Seekers
The views expressed in this article are the Author/writer’s, they do not reflect the views of EJES GIST NEWS. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]