The Nigeria Police Force has come out to say it is not arresting popular musician, Timi Dakolo, and wife, Busola, but merely inviting them for questioning.
This clarification was made just minutes after the wife of the President, Aisha Buhari, called the attention of the Inspector-General of Police to the purported attempt to arrest the couple.
Recall that Timi had posted the letter he recived from the Police on his social media. The letter immediately caused an outrage on social media, with many accusing the Police of taking sides with Fatoyinbo despite the pastor being accused of rape.
Find Out more about the letter in this article HOT!!! Timi Dakolo Summoned By The Police
Photo Credit: Naija
However, Mrs. Buhari, while reacting to the then thouht arrest, had tweeted, “Attention IGP. #SayNoToRape, #JusticeForRapeVictims, #SayNoToIntimidation.”
Reacting in a statement, however, the Force Public Relations Officer, Frank Mba, said the Police merely invited the couple to make some clarification on the case and they were not arrested.
The statement reads in part, “The Nigeria Police is confirming that its operatives, today, July 20, 2019 served official invitation letters on Busola and Timi Dakolo.
“The invitation is sequel to an on-going Police investigation touching on the wider and highly publicised case involving Bisola Dakolo, Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo, and others.
“It is important, however, to note that a Police invitation letter is not synonymous with a warrant of arrest, and must not be construed to be one.
“Rather, it is a polite investigative tool used in eliciting information voluntarily from parties to aid Police investigations.”
Officer Mba urged Nigerians to see the action of the Police as a legitimate act in line with the constitutional mandate of the Police, which, among other things, include the investigation of all complaints brought before it.
The Inspector-General of Police, IGP MA Adamu, has also come out to appeal for calm and is reassuring Nigerians that the Police under his watch will remain professional, impartial and unreservedly committed to the pursuit of justice in this case and all other cases before it,” the statement added.
HOT JOBS RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- 2020 Graduate Trainee Programme at Dufil Prima Foods Plc
- LGA Coordinators at Development Alternatives Incorporated ( Nationwide)
- Federal Government Vacancies at The Federal University of Petroleum
- Resources, Effurun (FUPRE)
- National Health Insurance Scheme Recruitment 2020 ( Nationwide 16 Positions)
- Academic and Non-academic Positions at Caleb University
- Massive Recruitment at Federal University of Health Sciences Otukpo for Teaching And Non Teaching Staff
- Stanbic IBTC Bank Graduate Trainee Program 2021
- Bank of Industry Recruitment ( Latest Jobs In Nigeria )
- Rivers State Civil Service Commission Massive Job Recruitment 2020 (60 Positions)
- Graduate Management Trainee Recruitment 2020 at Food Concepts Plc
- Rivers State Ministry of Education MassiveRecruitment 2020 for Teaching and Non-Teaching Staff
- Massive Recruitment at Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospitals
- Dangote Refinery Recruitment 2020 for Exper Graduates [ 9 Positions, 29 slots ]
- Dangote Cement Plc Recruitment 2020 for Graduates [33 Positions Over 200 Slots ]