Mathew Adebayo has been arrested by the police in Ogun State police “for raping a 15years Student.
Mathew Adebayo, a teacher in a private secondary school, has admitted r*ping a 15-year-old student on several occasions during the ongoing West African Senior School Certificate Examination, police have said.
Adebayo has been arrested by the police in Ogun State police “for forcefully having unlawful carnal knowledge” of the victim.
The Ogun State Police Command, spokesperson Abimbola Oyeyemi, Confirmed the Arrest to Ejes Gist Media.
The owner of the school had told the police that she got information from one of her SS3 students that “the suspect had been raping her repeatedly since the resumption of the school in preparation for the West African Senior School Certificate Examination.”
“She stated further that the said teacher intimidated the victim by telling her that she will not pass the WAEC exams, if she didn’t allow him having s*x with her, consequence upon which he has been calling her out of the dormitory in the night and taking her to a classroom where he used to have carnal knowledge of her.”
According to Oyeyemi, when the victim could no longer bear the sexual assault of the “randy teacher”, she reported to the proprietress.
With the report, the DPO of Sango Police Division, CSP Godwin Idehai, reportedly detailed his men to the scene where the suspect was arrested.
Police spokesman said “he has since then made a confessional statement admitting the commission of the crime.”
The victim, it was gathered, has been taken to hospital.
The State Commissioner of Police, Edward Ajogun has ordered the transfer of the case to the Anti-human trafficking and child labour unit of the State CIID.
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)
- Massive Job Recruitment at GPC Energy and Logistics Limited
- Ends Soon : Greenwich Merchant Bank (GMB) Graduate Trainee Program (GGTP4.0) 2021
- Massive Recruitment in an Indigenous Non-profit and Non-governmental Organization
- Massive recruitment at Achievers University for Academic and Non-Academic Staff ( 106 Slots )
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria
- Massive Job Recruitment in a Leading Group of Companies
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)