Police Arrests 80 Suspects For Allegedly Looting Public And Private Properties In Calabar
Not more than 80 suspects have been arrested by the Cross River state police command for their alleged involvement in looting government and private properties on October 23 and October 24 in the State.
The state commissioner of police, Mr. Abdulkadir Jimoh who confirmed the arrest said some of the looted items have also been recovered. The police boss who confirmed that a house-to-house search is ongoing, warned parents and landlords against covering up looted items.
“I want to urge community leaders, youth groups and religious leaders to expose the looters and shame them.
“We have arrested more than 80 suspects and they are undergoing interrogations in our various security facilities. Looters have 24 hours to return all the looted items before the house-to-house search gets to them, as recovery of looted items is ongoing.
“No criminal element will be spared; no one who vandalised government property or looted personal effects and invaded people’s private offices will go unpunished; they will be made to face the full wrath of the law.
“We are already working in synergy with other sister agencies in a bid to fish out the bad eggs as well as recover the looted items.
“I will advise all those who are in possession of such items to, in their own interest, bring them or face justice.”
Jimoh added that some of the recovered items include four new tricycles, water heaters, bath tubs, air conditioners, speakers, executive chairs, stage equipment at the CICC, sewing machines looted from a garment factory, fumigation equipment and cartons of pesticides.
He stated that the police would not rest until all the perpetrators of arson and vandalism in Calabar were apprehended.
HOT JOBS RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- 2020 Graduate Trainee Programme at Dufil Prima Foods Plc
- LGA Coordinators at Development Alternatives Incorporated ( Nationwide)
- Federal Government Vacancies at The Federal University of Petroleum
- Resources, Effurun (FUPRE)
- National Health Insurance Scheme Recruitment 2020 ( Nationwide 16 Positions)
- Academic and Non-academic Positions at Caleb University
- Massive Recruitment at Federal University of Health Sciences Otukpo for Teaching And Non Teaching Staff
- Stanbic IBTC Bank Graduate Trainee Program 2021
- Bank of Industry Recruitment ( Latest Jobs In Nigeria )
- Rivers State Civil Service Commission Massive Job Recruitment 2020 (60 Positions)
- Graduate Management Trainee Recruitment 2020 at Food Concepts Plc
- Rivers State Ministry of Education MassiveRecruitment 2020 for Teaching and Non-Teaching Staff
- Massive Recruitment at Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospitals
- Dangote Refinery Recruitment 2020 for Exper Graduates [ 9 Positions, 29 slots ]
- Dangote Cement Plc Recruitment 2020 for Graduates [33 Positions Over 200 Slots ]